Search results

1. T

HPE ProLiant RL300 Gen11 Review A Leadership Ampere Altra Max Arm Server

Anyone using these units in Production?
  2. T

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

So this might be more in the line of “best practice,” but I figured you built it…you already know way more than me. :) I’m using the early adopter, as of today. Loads fine, works well. I have a beast server running Ubuntu 22.04, with 20 x SSD 1TB Drives and 4 x NVME 1TB Drives. I can make...
  3. T

Pliops XDP Extreme Data Processor Launched

Wild. I hate to resurrect a Zombie thread, but I am REALLY surprised to not hear more about this! Has anyone a Pliops into operations? I read that VMWare shows it in the compatibility matrix, but I am really curious if there is any implications for vSAN. We've got some great DB workloads...
  4. T

(US) HP t740 thin client, 270 USD + 18 USD shipping

Anyone able to find these right now? They show sold out on The Bay right now.
  5. T

Firmware management?

Agreed. I think the initial concept, the Team here, is working from...is like how OpenShift or Ansible rolls-out...not all at once, but one at a time, and stop on failure.
  6. T

FS: Unifi USG-PRO-4 - NIB ($150)

oh my...I did a short search on Amazon and eBAY. Thanks for the honesty! I'm feeling the pressure because my wife would rather it just not be sitting on the table. lol
  7. T

Firmware management?

This Is something my team is actually going to do a "platform sprint" on, this coming week. Initial ideas are to try using Ansible/AWX to manage them via Playbooks, etc. AND Redfish. We're in between Dell, HPE, and Supermicro at the Datacenter AND the Edge. dell/redfish-ansible-module We do...
  8. T

Cisco Catalyst Micro Switch Series Launched

I can appreciate their effort in this market, but I feel like since the popularity of UPOE in some environments the 3560CX models are more reasonable. Plus, they come from an era of easier licensing for edge devices like this.
  9. T

FS: Unifi USG-PRO-4 - NIB ($150)

New in Box, Unifi USG-PRO-4. Traded via another deal to get a Dream Machine Pro and ditch my Cloud Key, same time. Never installed. Opened to check for all the parts. Asking $150 + reasonable shipping cost in US. Willing to trade for functional PCIE Intel OR Connect-X 10G SFP+ NICS, of a...
  10. T

DOCKER Swarm Advice

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening... First, Disclaimer: This is not a question for anyone to help me with my homework, work project for profit, or anything like that... I've got some equipment in several geographically separated locations around the world. A Supermicro SuperServer...
  11. T

Supermicro Xeon-D 1587 Squid Performance

Sorry for the long pause, Gang. I appreciate all the inputs. Turns out that the vendor was mix/matching https and http which is why the Squid config wasn't doing its job. Now that we employed some HTTPS intercept, things are much improved. I had to find a few "forests for the trees" to get...
  12. T

Anyone know off the top of your head why the first statement works but the not the following three? refresh_pattern ([^.]+.|)(download|adcdownload).(apple.|)com/.*\.(pkg|dmg) 4320 100% 43200 reload-into-ims; refresh_pattern ([^.]+\.)foreflight.com/.*\.(zip|sqlite|sl|pdf|png|jpg|gif|fbtiles)...
  13. T

Transparent bridging and centurylink modems

Those steps worked for me, but these for the PFSense part: How to Configure pfSense 2.2.2 for CenturyLink Gigabit – Seattle Edition
  14. T

Transparent bridging and centurylink modems

I’m currently bridging the CL C2000 modem to a C2758 PFSense. What’s the issue?
  15. T

I can appreciate how silly it sounds. I assure you only a small part of it is a technical issue. In fact, really the biggest issue is administrative, but causes a technical issue. You're right in that airports don't change often, but their "environment" does, which can include up to 250...
  16. T

Well, actually it pretty much is delta. Every 28 days all of the data is verified and its reset with a new date
  17. T

Definitely 10Gb in use. This goes straight to our biggest 10Gb Distribution Switch via SFP+ Twinax cable. all of the campus buildings are within 1 or 2 - 10Gb hop(s) from there. The APs are all Cisco Multi-Gig 2.5 uplinks and Wave 2....this network actually goes too fast, which is why I worry...
  18. T

Squid Cache on pfSense - can you define an ACL?

We're just talking about this same concept in a thread I just updated. We're doing this same thing, but you do have to write a little but of dynamic squid config. It does need to compare them to determine validity. You will need to sort out CA Certs or WPAD config if you intend to do HTTPS...
  19. T

Awesome reply. Thank You. Sorry for the delay, I got bogged into some terrible travel assignments. So the content, we don't own. If a user is at home, that's fine they can go direct no VPN necessary. Most people probably have faster internet at home anyways. However, I need to get them "square"...
  20. T

Good example! ForeFlight....its an application for iPad...very identical technical use case.