Search results

1. B

NAS Windows

@Deci and NeverDie : thx for these clarifications. But how can I know if the MB supports staggered spinup ? I've never ever seen this parameter as far I can remember ? is it in BIOS ?
  2. B

NAS Windows

Thank you guys for your replies (Deci, EffrafaxOfWug, PigLover, NeverDie) Some of your statement helped to clarify my comprehension of this subject at first sight, but then raised a couple more subsidiary questions. But focusing on the main point that running a pico PSU for this project would...
  3. B

ESXI hardware Q related

Sorry for the late reply but I had a few days off ;) @Deci : Thank you for your reply. Nested ESXi using intel is not a problem @Marsh : The SSD is used for stocking the nested ESXis' files.For the VMs I would use iSCSI from a Windows 2k12 server NAS with tiering features (SSD + Spinning Disks)...
  4. B

ESXI hardware Q related

Hi all, Thx again to everybody for your helpful contributions on my other thread (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/nas-windows.5113/) This is a new thread ESXi hardware and deployement considerations I intend to use a C2750 Atom based ESXi LAB with the following goals and...
  5. B

NAS Windows

Thak you PigLover for your detailed explanations and I must admit that this is where I reach my limits about electricity especially about the rails part and voltage. Maybe you could provide more help if not too much too ask : Can I consider the 150w Pico PSU instead or do I have to look for a...
  6. B

NAS Windows

Thank you Patrick Actually as per WD statement and Tom's hardware's tests on such HDDs, it would actually consumates around 5.5W each at full load. So 6 spinning disks would eat 33W. With the MB at full load, I can add around 25-26W. Something around 59W. Let's say 60W. The announced...
  7. B

NAS Windows

Many thanks to all of you for your help I've been considering FreeNAS and its fork NAS4Free for a long time But I'm not familiar at all with ZFS and from a long view it really seems complicated. I've missed the complicated part of implementing iSCSI in windows server... How much complicated...
  8. B

NAS Windows

Hi All, I'm currently considering a build for a NAS based on Windows 2012 R2 Server . Initially I wanted to implement Windows 2012 R2 Storage Server. But it turns out that it's only a version of Windows 2012 R2 Server reserved for OEM only and no different. I was pretty much interrested in...