Search results

1. O

Hard disk enclosure recommendations after Silverstone RS-431U failure

My Teratrend-branded Silverstone RS-431U hard disk enclosure won't power on after it was powered down to be moved to a new location on the rack. Not powering on has been a problem with this device several times in the past. However, my usual solution of "unplug the power cord from the outlet...
  2. O

HP Z840 bios update

I recently bought a HP Z840 off the bay which came with a fairly old version of BIOS. HP's website does provide the latest BIOS updates. Is there any reason not to apply the latest update? Also, is this the right forum to post this question?
  3. O

Delay (HP) L2 switch boot up until DHCP available

My main router (running either VyOS or OpnSense) should assign IP addresses (via DHCP) to the various L2 switches. This works fine usually except when there has been a power outage. When power is restored, all of my L2 switches (couple of HP 2530-24G and one Netgear GS116E) boot up well before...
  4. O

Compilation server

Longtime lurker, but https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/general-home-server-suggestions-plex-homeassistant-email-with-room-to-grow.34145/#post-314910 finally impelled me to make an account here. Advice on identifying a machine for a compilation server would be much appreciated...