Search results

1. K

ConnectX-3 custom firmware files

How will it not work properly though? I'm seeing a lot of users using this card with sriov? I mean it works for me too but with an older fw?
  2. K

That is exactly what I did actually, buy a CX4. So it's really too late for me to tinker with this CX3 to make sriov work.
  3. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Firmware

All the guides I see are showing how to cross-flash from an OEM (IBM, Dell, etc.) to a stock Mellanox firmware, not the other way around which is what we're tying to do here. Can you expound on what you're trying to point out here? Are you saying there's an older IBM MLX fw that I can use to...
  4. K

Oops, my bad. I'll have to try this in one of my cards later. It should be easy to do on the card on my Windows machine but I'm not sure if it's possible to do this on the card in my Synology NAS.
  5. K

Were you able to confirm if the IBM fw you linked to is just for vpi cards (not en)?
  6. K

@i386 how do you change the PSID if you don't have the mlx firmware for 2.42.5032?
  7. K

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

If you enable SRIOV though, do you need to assign the VLAN and the unique MAC per VF? If so, what mft command does this?
  8. K

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

When flashing OEM CX3 cards with the fw from Nvidia, do the GUID's and MAC's get rewritten to a generic one which makes us want to flash with the switch that writes a MAC address to the card or something?
  9. K

mlxconfig query/set (for enabling SRIOV) on MCX312A-XCBT and MCX312B-XCCT

MCX312A-XCBT (dual SFP+, CX3 non-pro) MCX312B-XCCT (dual SFP+, CX3 pro) For anyone using these cards, can you guys confirm if mlxconfig (from the MFT tools) works for querying and setting their parameters (for setting up SRIOV). I have to replace my MCX311A-XCAT (single SFP+, CX3 non-pro)...
  10. K

Problems making SR-IOV work in Proxmox for Mellanox CX3

I just found why this is happening. It seems to be an issues with the mft tools and the single port CX3 (as discussed here). The solution is to generate an image with a modified ini (to enable sriov) but the mlx fw file you can use with that is older (2.40.5030) than the latest available bin...
  11. K

Help getting 56Gb on ConnectX-3 Pros

I'm doing something similar. I'm trying to modify the latest 2.42.5000 with a modified ini (to enable sriov) but it is not working with @BeTeP's tool. I used an older mlx file with the mlxburn tool and that worked in enabling sriov but I don't really want to use an older firmware. Any idea...
  12. K

Looking for a Connectx-3 custom firmware package

Does anyone have the latest MLX file (for editing with an sriov-modified ini) for CX3 non-pro cards? I need it to enable sriov because mstconfig does not work for the single port CX3 variant that I have. The latest MLX that I can find is 2.40.5030 but the lateat bin is 2.42.5000.
  13. K

Looking for a Connectx-3 custom firmware package

In your command for creating a new binary, why did you name the output bin file to 2.42.5032 if the input fw mlx file you used is 2.40.5030?
  14. K

@BeTeP any more ideas how to make this work with 2.42.5000? I, too, tried using your script to generate a new 2.42.5000 with the modified ini file but it doesn't make sriov work.
  15. K

@john389 so I tried the "sriov working" 2.40.5030 fw that you uploaded here but for some reason sriov is still not working? I don't see the vf's under lspci. EDIT: Ok, so I generated my own 2.40.5030 image and that seems to enable SRIOV working just fine. It looks like the file you uploaded in...
  16. K

Ahh, that's probably why. We have a different CX3. It's not because of Proxmox 8.1's new kernel because I tried this on a windows 11 machine too (with another NIC of the same model) and same issue. There's a handful of threads having the same issue with this single port version of the CX3 and it...
  17. K

Same issue with 4.25.1-11. I have two of the same card (MCX311A-XCAT) that has the same issue. This says that it is a known issue with this card: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/connectx-3-custom-firmware-files.39457/
  18. K

Do you know where to get 4.25.1? It'a no longer in nvidia's website. What did you mean by "after a dist-upgrade"? Did you have to update Proxmox first before it worked?
  19. K

Are you saying you were able to use mxlconfig to set the SRIOV parameters on the card? I have secure boot disabled now so I was able to load the mst modules successfully as you see. But I can't use mxlconfig when I try to set the SRIOV parameters. Similar to the problem explained here...