Search results

1. H

LSI SAS 9201-16e: ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed! [SOLVED]

Just a guess: After erasing the firmware, you must flash the firmware and the rom in one step, without any step between (booting will put firmware back in fault state). See the step described here: sas2flash -o -c 0 -f 2116T207.ROM -b mptsas2.rom
  2. H

> Using the ISO from the forum was able to re-flash the card (it booted nicely from the iDrac6 of the Dell r710) This is what I had to use, too (and described in the steps in the blog post). I did not entirely understand what you did differently, but apparently it worked for you :thumbsup:
  3. H

CSE-743TQ-903B-SQ and SAS3 backplane CSE-SAS-743TQ (SAS3 or SAS2?)

I have already the shorter 50cm SFF-8088 cables here, so this should get me exactly to the 100cm limit. I will test with fio before and afterwards and report back. Next time I will be at the server is in 2 weeks though. I don't have any issues so far - did a full scrub of the 6x8TB Raidz2 and...
  4. H

CSE-743TQ-903B-SQ and SAS3 backplane CSE-SAS-743TQ (SAS3 or SAS2?)

Sorry for another highjacking of this post. I just got the same Chassis as a JBOD. LSI 9201-16e connected via 2x 8088 (external) and 4x 8087->4SATA Cables to the Backplanes 8 Ports (SAS743TQ) + 8 SSDs directly connected in the bays (MCP-220-00044-0N). My question is cable length. I can see all...
  5. H

JBOD finished. But what is this dangling cable? [Solved]

Great, many thanks. So I can safely remove the cable and don't mind anymore.
  6. H

JBOD finished. But what is this dangling cable? [Solved]

I just finished my JBOD: Chassis: SC743T-500B Board: CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Backplane: CSE-SAS-743TQ I got the chassis used for €99.00. It works great, fits 8x SSD + 8x 3,5 HDD. There is however one cable I don't understand. It was connected to the chassis when I got it and has two pins/cables...
  7. H

Holy sh** This was the solution: sas2flash -o -e 7 sas2flash -o -c 0 -f 2116T207.ROM -b mptsas2.rom Here, the first critical piece was to not issue any command between the two (e.g. do not try to list cards with sas2flash -listall, this will revert your card from RESET state back to FAULT...
  8. H

I am one step farther: The card is not dead! Looking up this thread, I downloaded 2116IT19.ROM from Supermicro's FTP server. At this point, I do not know whether this is a supermicro card, but this Firmware was the only one that did not error out immediately. First, ignore that the file ends...
  9. H

I am about to return this card, but I want to give it a last try by asking here. Context: New LSI SAS 9201-16e "Bulk" Card ordered from an official IT distributor (not ebay) Tried to flash to IT Mode with P20 firmware (for use as HBA in JBOD enclosure) Tested all steps in two different...
  10. H

LSI SAS 9201-16e's for $40

Thanks! I could find everything on the Broadcom site, except megarec.exe. Found this excellent guide that also includes links to all files (including megarec.exe).
  11. H

LSI SAS 9201-16e's for $40

I am in the same boat, new LSI SAS 9201-16e I want to flash to IT and sas2flash (UEFI) returns: Chip is in Fault state. Attempting Host Boot... ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed! Firmware fault occured. Fault code: 0A I do see the card in Windows though (consumer mainboard). On regular boot I...