Search results

1. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks! Yes, I'm running my 7250 on 8095d (from your new guide - thank you for that!). Do you happen to remember if the DHCP symptom was that the switch knew about the lease but the client never configured its IP, or did the switch not have a lease for the client at all?
  2. A

Thanks! I'd seen some posts about this from ~2018 and wasn't sure if it was still the case. At the moment the only hardware that I have for this is a Fitlet2 that's running OpnSense, and I'd like to avoid running a hypervisor on my internet-facing firewall "appliance" (mostly for simplicity and...
  3. A

p.s. And just to confirm that everything is extra super working now, I set up my Engenius AP to use tagged VLANs for different SSIDs, and I confirmed that a wifi client connecting to each SSID gets a DHCP IP from the correct pool from the switch. It's probably time to save a backup of all of...
  4. A

Megafacepalm o'clock: good call, it works perfectly on another machine. That inspired me to consider the hardware more carefully, leading me to download the latest copy of the RealTek 2.5G NIC drivers (from RealTek, not my motherboard manufacturer). And guess what? It works now! Thanks so much...
  5. A

Yes, the OPNSense box can ping 192.168.10.1 (and even telnet in and manage the switch at that IP when I temporarily enabled the telnet server). As I'd expect, when I disconnected the PC, I got a routing loop (ping says TTL exceeded, and traceroute confirms) when I tried to traceroute from the...
  6. A

Thanks again! No luck, unfortunately. I disabled wifi and then connected to the switch, same symptoms. The wired NIC just gives itself a 169.254 IP even though the switch has a DHCP lease for it. Right, at one point I even added a static route to my PC via the wired interface, and even that...
  7. A

I missed this earlier - yes, I've tried different cables and different ports on the switch.
  8. A

You didn't miss it, and that's a great point. It's not directly related to the problem I'm working through with 192.168.10.1/24 not being able to talk to the switch, but it's something I was going to need to do at some point, so I appreciate the reminder. I just added the static route now.
  9. A

Thanks! sw1#sh int eth 1/1/1 GigabitEthernet1/1/1 is up, line protocol is up Port up for 6 second(s) Hardware is GigabitEthernet, address is 78a6.e11b.0594 (bia 78a6.e11b.0594) Configured speed auto, actual 1Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx Configured mdi mode AUTO, actual MDIX...
  10. A

tl;dr: Tried setting up an untagged vlan with router interface, client can't reach switch, and definitely can't reach upstream firewall. Routing table suggests that everything should be fine... I think? Hi everyone, thanks for the wealth of knowledge in this thread (especially to fohdeesha for...