Search results

1. R

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Thank you @HatBeardMe, I very much appreciate it!
  2. R

Does anybody happen to have a source or the specs for the little rubber spacers that sit between the interposer and 3.5" drives? I don't have an example I can measure as the spacers I have are specifically for the 2.5" drive adapter caddy.
  3. R

That would be a safe choice of vendor. Art of Server is my go-to for IT mode HBAs. He is very helpful and sells a great product. I believe he is also on this forum as well. I bought a similarly prepared card to the one you linked, "LSI 9200-8e 6Gbps ext SAS HBA P20 IT Mode ZFS FreeNAS...
  4. R

Great, I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up for me @simoncorner! Is it also proper that I only connect one SAS cable to the HBA, not two?
  5. R

@bonox and others -- I just hooked my KTN-SL3 for the first time. I'm not familiar with the behavior of the indicator lights/screens in the back. I can see the disks in TrueNAS no problem. But, I've noticed that the KTN controllers are flashing green and blue dashes, not numbers like I've...
  6. R

Mine are actually plastic/fiberglass as well. I ordered some of the part number you mentioned for ~$6/each shipped. I will keep the adapted ones for a future shelf. Thanks again for the help.
  7. R

Much appreciated @bonox, that's exactly what I needed! Thankfully, a quick ebay search show they aren't too pricey, providing you already have the interposer (which I do). I have two different tray part numbers with adapters amonst the 15 trays: 005050927 and 005050854. They all have...
  8. R

I just picked up a KTN-SL3, but it came with 2.5" adapted trays. What would be the appropriate 3.5" tray part number?
  9. R

JBOD/DAS disk shelf recommendations

I am seeking recommendations for a SAS 6Gb/s JBOD/DAS chassis compatible with 3.5" drives that would pair with an LSI 9200-8e HBA. 15 to 24 3.5" drives or 3U to 4U is the capacity/size I'm after. For noise level I'm hoping for the equivalent of a Dell R720 or quieter. I see lots of options on...
  10. R

I had too many Precisions and too little time

Wow OP, that is quite the collection.
  11. R

Dell OEM XL R720 vs PowerEdge R720

@BLinux -- I seem to recall you having extensive PowerEdge experience. Might you have any thoughts on the original post?
  12. R

The service tag pagelists 2.7.0 as the newest BIOS, but it appears the vendor got 2.9.0 on there. Maybe the newer standard BIOS versions are just more widely compatible. What BIOS version are you running are your 620 @BlueFox ?
  13. R

I recently purchased a refurbished R720 off Ebay and unexpectedly received a OEM XL R720. The vendor assured me that is compatible with standard Dell BIOS / firmware. When I asked on the Dell community forums I was told it was not compatible -- but I'm not convinced that answer was very...