Search results

1. C

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

I'll try these suggestions once I'm back from travel, thank you all.
  2. C

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

I don't have it hooked up to the jbod yet, I was trying to get it configured first. Just 24 pin atx and ethernet connected. I haven't tried their tool, but I have placed it on a network that matches it's 192.168.1.99/24 and it would not respond to ping. Jumper 7 over pins 1 and 2. Does yours...
  3. C

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

I purchased a CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 to upgrade a CB2 in a jbod chassis I have. I'm attempting to get it configured but I'm unable to connect to the IPMI. https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/CSE-PTJBOD-CB3.pdf I've tried the jumper in both positions, I've tried factory reset via 10s holding down...
  4. C

Bestbuy - 14tb easystore external hard drive - $200

I purchased a bunch of these at $210. I was able to get an order of 5 all refunded the $10 difference instead of just one. Via chat and the supervisor had to approve it.
  5. C

Gigabyte Server Barebones Purchase

I'm trying to pick up a Gigabyte R162-Z10 barebone for a new home server build, but I've been unable to find a place that has one or will sell me one in the US, all I can find is a few companies offering a complete system (at a considerable markup). Does anyone know where I can purchase this...
  6. C

SOLD! Avocent MergePoint Unity 1016 with 5 vga/usb dongles

SOLD! Avocent MergePoint Unity 1016 w/ html5 based viewer I ran this off of the left PSU only, and it throws a fan fail warning but I never had any issues. Comes with 5 VGA dongles (1 new in bag). One of the used dongles drops occasionally and needs a power cycle. $130 shipped con-US, paypal...
  7. C

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

I received mine today from this listing, 8GB written on each drive, only 6 power cycles, and 0 recorded power on hours. Not sure if the hours is incorrect but the 8GB written matches the wear values.
  8. C

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

3 left at $95 shipped: Intel 480GB SSD DC S3500 Series 2.5" Solid State Drive SATA III SSDSC2BB480G4 735858258487 | eBay
  9. C

Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $370 obo several avail

SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SDV-4C-TLN2F-O Intel Xeon D-1521 Mini ITX Server Motherboard | eBay Looks like they relisted.
  10. C

KVM over IP Console server

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I couldn't find one more fitting. I'm tired of my old analog kvm along with the need to be standing in front of the rack to use it. I'm looking for a used KVM over IP Console server preferably with an interface I can use on Linux / OSX that...
  11. C

Micron 1.4TB P420m PCIE SSD

Saw this when I was looking around for a new L2ARC drive. Looks like a great deal to me. The writes are slow for the drive, but reads are as expected. Micron 1.4TB PCIe SSD Solid State Drive MTFDGAR1T4MAX P420m RealSSD Hard Drive | eBay
  12. C

LSI Sas 9201-16e

These and the 9200-16e are identical controllers in a different form factor. I was buying these years ago on eaby for $40 shipped. There is little demand for external controllers.
  13. C

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

I picked up 9 of the 8TB reds from the best buy my book deal. Two came with a different power brick than the rest. All are burning in now. They have very loud seeks compared to my other drives.
  14. C

Another Cheap 10Gb Switch Option (Netgear 4 x SFP+ and more)!

Are these the PoE ones? I want to replace my 24 port.
  15. C

E5620 vs L5630/40 idle power?

TDP stands for Thermal Design Power. It has nothing to do with idle usage, or even peak usage. It's simply the target envelope the cooler should be designed for.
  16. C

X9SRL-F $175 shipped

Why do I have to be broke when a used one finally shows up.
  17. C

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Thats a normal ATX fit in a 4u case with an ATX PSU on the side. I have an EATX board in the same case that goes to the fan wall too.
  18. C

Yeah, same for me. New heatsinks were cheaper than the used ones too. Newegg ebay listing for them was cheapest. If you buy from Newegg site they charge you to ship each at 99c but though ebay is 99c for both.
  19. C

It was listed at $119 but I made an offer for 90 each for 2 and it was accepted. May be time to go lower in the future. Now I just need to find a board to put these in. Not having any luck finding a board for less than $300. Must have 8 ram slots per socket and at least 4 8x slots.