Search results

1. N

[FS] [US-IL] Network spring cleaning: Aruba InstantOn AP22 wireless AP & 1930-48 switch, Brocade ICX7150-24 switch, Cisco ISR C1111-8PW router

Hi everyone, spring's here so it's time to tidy up my homelab! I'm located in Chicago, IL and can ship via your preference: USPS, FedEx, or UPS. Once you agree to purchase an item and send me your address, I can send you a couple of shipping options for you to choose from. Buyer pays shipping...
  2. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

FYI - Ruckus recently released FastIron 09.0.00a (interestingly, since someone at Ruckus mentioned they would go straight to 09.0.10 or similar). It seems to resolve a lot of the open bugs with 09.0.00 GA. I've updated to it on my 7250-24 (was previously on GA) and haven't had any issues, but I...
  3. N

I haven't gotten deep into switch configuration or performance, but it seems to be working okay. I know that @fohdeesha mentioned that the 9.0.x train was quite buggy in his experience, but I can't say that I've encountered anything with my very basic config. Here are some photos of the web UI...
  4. N

ICX7250-24 Fan/Temp info! Hi folks, I've spent some time testing out different 40x40mm fans in my ICX7250-24, with the hopes of finding something quieter than stock but that still keeps the ASIC cool. The contenders Mfr/model Size Air flow Static Pressure Noise Fan speed Price Delta...
  5. N

Thank you - I read about your solution and it seems novel, but I would like to stick with soft-modding the switch if at all possible. I don’t mind swapping out a fan but I would like to avoid screwing a fan into the ASIC heatsink if I can! I went ahead and ordered the 3 fans I mentioned in my...
  6. N

Hi all, I'm new to STH Forums but have been lurking this thread for quite some time! I picked up a ICX 7250-24 recently, and am looking forward to using it in my homelab! Like so many homelabbers, I find the stock Foxconn PIA040H12P fan to be much too loud for where my lab is located. So I've...