Search results

1. T

[WTB] 6-10TB Dell Brand 3.5" Disk Lot

Have you tried something like this? Not sure if the process is the same for the 3200 vs the 3220. Using non-certified hard drives in Dell MD3220 storage array Tim
  2. T

Conflict Between 9207-8i and 9286CV-8e BIOS

I'll have to try that. When I booted to WinPE and tried to use storcli to flash the latest firmware for the 9286CV-8e, it couldn't find the card. I haven't tried from esxi yet.
  3. T

Good question... I actually only need to boot to the 9207-8i as it controls the front 2.5" drive slots. I need to be able to access the WebBios for the 9286CV-8e so I can configure arrays in my external drive tower. I haven't seen any info on removing the boot bios but leaving the ability to...
  4. T

Well, I've given up and will try other options. With 2 cards that roughly share the same firmware/bios (9207-8i and 9205-8e), everything works fine. It appears that the SAS HBA BIOS and the RAID BIOS really do not like each other.
  5. T

I have 2 LSI cards in my HP ML350P GEN8 - an HP H220 (9207-8i) and an LSI 9286CV-8e. The HP220 is in IT mode, but fully flashed - bios, UEFI bios, ROM, etc. When both are installed, I only get a prompt at boot to enter the bios for the 9286, and I can't boot to anything attached to the 9207. If...
  6. T

CacheCade Physical License Confusion

Except the 04B part number begins with L3, which in all likelihood is the older revision.
  7. T

Thanks! I've read the Broadcom docs, so I know the part numbers. However, it isn't clear if the L3-25188-04 and the L5-25188-04 are identical. Even worse, LSI used LSI00290 for both keys. There is a seller on Ebay with a supposed L5-25188-04, but the sticker on the device itself is L3-25188-04B...
  8. T

I’m trying to purchase a cheap CacheCade 2.0 license for my LSI 9286cv-8e. I want to play around with it in my home lab... According to the LSI/Broadcom documentation, the part number for the physical license key (which I THINK is the only thing I need) is L5-25188-04. However, there are a lot...
  9. T

HP ML350p G8 Memory Speed

Solved! The power settings in the bios manipulate quite a few of the PCI-E and memory settings, including, apparently, max memory speed. I also discovered that choosing max power savings drops the PCI-E version to 1.0. Apparently I was a bit too aggressive in my attempts at saving power :)
  10. T

HP ML350p G8 Memory Speed

I recently purchased a used ML350p G8 with 128GB of memory (8 x 16GB). Each stick is HPE SmartMemory, 1866MHZ PC3-14900, Dual Rank. According to all of the documentation I've read, the server should support running it at 1866MHz as long as only 1 or 2 DIMMs are installed per channel. According...
  11. T

VLAN Configuration on ES-16-XG

I'm using the latest beta version of the Controller, running in Windows. I had to adopt the controller manually via SSH to the switch when I first got it before the switch would show up in the Controller. Have you tried (1) manually adopting a Controller, via SSH, or (2) trying the latest beta...
  12. T

Dell Optiplex 3010 running pfSense?

The 3rd gen i3's don't have AES-NI: Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz) Specifications
  13. T

I have the Unifi beta version of the switch, if that matters... No switch gui, only the controller. And my controller does not look like that, unfortunately. EDIT: Scratch that. I see where settings is now! Why did they put it all the way at the bottom? :)
  14. T

Not sure what I am missing here... I want to put three ports in a separate VLAN from the native, which I believe is 1. Supposedly, I should be able to go to Networks in the controller and create VLANs. However, I can create new networks, but there isn't any place to put an actual VLAN number...
  15. T

Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch ES-16-XG SFP+ Compatibility Thread

I purchased 3 x Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU5M based on earlier reports that 1M and 3M worked. It negotiated at full speed between my US-16-XG and Netgear S3300. However, a Cat 7 cable connected to a S3300 10GbE port negotiated at only 1Gbps until I restarted the US-16-XG, at which point it negotiated...
  16. T

UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02

Well, the card came and it doesn't fit in the x8 slot in my DL380 G7. I'm assuming it is an x16 card. While I could get an x16 riser, I'm not inclined to throw more money at this given the supposed compatibility issues. Lesson learned! :)
  17. T

Getting HP G7 hardware status to show in vCenter

In my VCSA 6.5, the Hardware Health - Sensors screen is blank for both of my DL380 G7 hosts. It could be a missing vib issue, although HP only seems to have vibs for 6.0. That being said, when I installed the HP vibs in 6.0, I could no longer activate HA, so be careful if you go that route. See...
  18. T

UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02

Oh well. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I've only got $55 sunk into it, so it isn't a huge loss. I'd be immensely grateful though if you could tell me what the supermicro sees your VICs as. Thanks!
  19. T

UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02

I won't actually have the card until next week, but it looks similar to a rebranded Intel X540 except without the shield:
  20. T

Power Costs - Upgrade Worth It?

Thanks Rand_. Using your calculations, I get $720/year in electrical costs now, and $272 with the reduced numbers you list in your thread. We pay 0.08179 * x kWh plus an obscene amount of suspicious charges for delivery and other things that are also based on the usage... Although you live in...