Search results

1. M

[SOLD] FS: Cisco SG500XG-8F8T and SG500X-48P

The 8F8T is sold, but will leave the 48P listed here for the work week before going to eBay... thanks!
  2. M

Bump and final price drop! If no interest by Monday evening I'll take the fleaBay route.
  3. M

Bump and price drop on both
  4. M

ALL SOLD I have the following for sale: (Cisco SG500XG-8F8T SOLD) (Cisco SG500X-48P SOLD) We recently moved from a big ol' house with multiple Cat6A runs to almost every room and too many APs, cameras, media players, gaming consoles, etc... to a tiny townhome and a drastically smaller home...
  5. M

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Wow, tight fit with the SFP+ PHY... it's cool they managed to shoehorn it!
  6. M

Intel X540-T2 Fake/Chinese/Counterfeit

Good looking out. This seems harder to differentiate compared to other counterfeit posts. Even the "circular bit" (signal transformer) could be seen as a legit manufacturing deviation.
  7. M

Samsung PM853T or 850 EVO?

A downside is 850 EVOs don't have PLP (Power Loss Protection) like the PM853Ts, so you technically risk corrupted writes. If the Dells are on adequate interactive or online UPS with long term measure (generator or automated shutdown) you should be fine.
  8. M

Silverstone DS380: ITX 8x SAS/Sata Hotswap

It's too bad Supermicro doesn't make an X10SDV with 2x10GE SFP+ in ITX form factor. Add a short enough LSI 8i HBA (you might have to file a notch in the plastic plate) and a couple of these and you're all set! I'm doing this -except I'm using the existing 10GBASE-T variant- and am pretty happy...
  9. M

FINAL Bachelor Build - Xeon D vSAN Cluster

For a home lab where the ESXi hosts only have 2x10GE (and some quantity of 1GE ports like our X10SDVs)... yeah I would simply put all vmks on the 10GE and not even use the 1GEs except for exceptions including backup/backout if you screw up your networking. EDIT: almost forgot... also be sure to...
  10. M

Simple Topology Q for 2 PCs and 10GBase-T

What @Blinky 42 said. Also 1GE switches with 2-4 10GE uplinks are dropping into the affordable range.
  11. M

[SOLD] X540-T2s, X520-DA2, and 16GB DDR4 2133 ECC RDIMMs

Sold! Sorry to hear that. I've lost my own fair share of money in various ways but I chalk it up as a learning experience. We chatted about counterfeit card posts but I don't think fake X540s have been covered. If you post about the experience with (sufficient resolution/focus) pics, that...
  12. M

QTY1 X540-T2 (and 1 LP bracket) left
  13. M

QTY1 X540-T2 sold! Quantities updated.
  14. M

FS: 8 sticks of 16 GB DDR4 ECC Reg memory

Congratz! But I must warn you your toddler is pulling a fast one on you and luring you into an ambush that will last 10+ years. They conspire and plan this telepathically somehow, I'm sure of it. Our first kiddo... so quiet, so easy to travel with (both hemispheres!), didn't drop a spec of...
  15. M

Portable rack and shirt depth server chassis

How short of a rack? 60cm? And it depends on whether you look at total rack depth, or usable depth ("post to post" distance plus space for cabling and air inlet/exhaust). You also say rack but I'll assume you mean a quieter cabinet/enclosure for an apartment. I'm currently using very short...
  16. M

FreeNAS 9.10 Stable

I went from a 9.3 nightly to 9.10 a couple of weeks ago to pick up stable X557 10GE support. I immediately ran afoul of this bug, and disabled HTTPS for a few days until it was patched. It's been smooth sailing otherwise.