Search results

1. U

Hardware vs software RAID5 (ext4 vs ZFS)

Hi folks, I've got a 100 drive JBOD connected to my server via a 12 SAS connection to an LSI 9580 RAID card! I'll use this JBOD for large file storage! I've got two options as far as I'm aware: either go with the BIOS management of the RAID controller, and create there a couple of RAID5...
  2. U

Please help me out with my 10G-100G home network upgrade/topology

Hello people, I'm trying to upgrade my home network and hopefully soon also my internet fiber to 10G. But first things first the LAN upgrade: I recently scored a good deal on a brand new SN2010 switch! This will be the core switch in my server rack. I bet most of you know but it supports (18)x...
  3. U

Any 10G RJ45 w/ 4xQSFP 100G uplinks switches out there?

Hi all, Need to scale my home from copper to fiber and I was thinking to spread the house with a few 100Gb uplink switches, that communicate to one another via fiber, and have the clients connect via 10G RJ 45! Are there any reasonable priced switches?
  4. U

Thunderbolt 3 add in card?

Hi folks, This might not be the proper sub, but I don't know where to post it! Sorry if the question is a bit odd, since I assume virtually nobody uses Thunderbolt storage with their servers, as it's an inferior solution in a way than an LSI megaraid controller card or HBA, but still, are there...