Search results

1. E

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I paid $43 shipping to Sweden. Just drop them an email and they will sort it out for you.
  2. E

X9DAi: Windows 10 BSOD ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

On a related note, how finicky are the X9DAi about memory? Debating if I should go for this Samsung that is listed on SMs website or the bulk option below Samsung M393B1K70CH0-CH9 8GB DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz PC3-10600R CL9 ECC RDIMM RAM REG Dell R710 Memory Upgrade 72GB (18 x 4GB) PC3-10600R DDR3...
  3. E

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

nry: I'm assuming it's the ones from etb-tech you've been looking at? Looks like it's 96gb per node. Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 Node Server I'm so tempted to get one. I'm just thinking if it's better to get the barebone and source CPUs and memory somewhere else. I don't relly need 384 GB...
  4. E

How to find performance bottleneck?

Thanks for the pointers. -Disk/Pool problems: Are there any tools included for this? I just ran a simple test for write speed and it gave me about 95 MB/s /usr/bin/time dd if=/dev/zero of=sometestfile bs=1024 count=50000 I know this isn't very accurate but I would be happy to get about...
  5. E

How to find performance bottleneck?

Hardware: ASUS P5Q Premium Intel C2Q Q9300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB RAM LSI 9211-8i 4x4TB WD RED 1x500GB WD Blue for VM Datastore I've installed the OmniOS + NappIT VM Appliance on ESXi 5.5 and set up the disks with RDM since my setup doesn't support vt-d. I then created two vdev mirrors under one...
  6. E

HP P411 and LSI SAS2X36 Expander Chip - Compatible?

Hi everyone, How would I find out the compatibility between a HP P411 and the expander from Supermicros 846E16 case? All I can find is that it's using a LSI SAS2X36 chip. HP obviously won't add compatibility with other brands on their lists, they would just give me the HP SAS expander...
  7. E

Quick question on SAS2008 based RAID cards.

Yeah you have some strange numbers going on there... 300GB/s would be nice though ;) SATA I (1.5 Gbps) = 150 MB/s SATA II (3 Gbps) = 300 MB/s SATA III (6 Gbps) = 600 MB/s SAS (3 Gbps) = 300 MB/s SAS2 (6 Gbps) = 600 MB/s
  8. E

SAS 2 Dual Back Plane Enclosure

Would it be possible to use one of these E26 cases (SC846E26-R1200B) as a DAS to two systems? What i'm aiming for is a 4U unit that can serve 12 disks to each machine. All I need is bays for the disks and space for an expander. I know I could get two 2U enclosures but I think I would end up...
  9. E

Supermicro X9SCM/X9SCL LGA-1155 Xeon Motherboard Series

With the X9SCM and SCA, is it possible to boot from a RAID1 on the on-board controller with ESXi and a ZFS-VM and then use a HBA passthrough to that said ZFS-VM for the rest of the storage? How is the BSD driver support on these cards? I know the NICs are covered, at least the 2x 82574L on SCA...
  10. E

HP DL360 G7 - Memory configurations

Maybe "Processors and Motherboards" should include Memory as well? This might be a long shot but is anyone familiar with the memory on HP servers? I'm trying to figure out the most optimal design, my requirements are 36GB RAM for now but I want to buy RDIMMS that I can use in the future...
  11. E

Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB $107 Amazon

You can get them for $235 or 1290 NOK here in Sweden. Or do you have to pay extra VAT even from us? :confused:
  12. E

'Väderfölne'

The thread can stay here, I'll use it as a show-off/questions thread then :) To start with, I would actually like to try my crazy idea about running ESXi and a "thin" client to the guest OS. Not sure how that's going to work out though... But you are correct, it will be mainly used for...
  13. E

'Väderfölne'

Hey everyone, I've been lurking here for a while now and figured it was time to post my first thread. I'm building this workstation (with an odd name for most people :p) for work, so it will be used mostly for programming, R&D, 3D and as a lab computer for new things that I would like to try...