Search results

1. N

First server: Dell EMC PowerEdge T40 Xeon Quad-Core with Ubuntu with GUI

Maybe I didn't need a physical one, but I want one. Having something physically close is more real to me. Maybe it is more expensive and a worse overall experience, but on the other hand, it makes something feel real. Especially in a world where most of your products and experiences are just...
  2. N

Ok. I did specifically read regarding this server. Either way, I will test it out. Thank you a lot for your feedback. It has helped me a ton! Is this a site where I pick best answer? Because if so, your answer gets it.
  3. N

But couldnt I replace the 8gb with two of the crucial? There are almost no eec's in my country. I read online that you could swap for non-eec and it would work still.
  4. N

That sounds pretty good. How do you make benchmarks for when the system is getting slower? And when do I know if it is a ram issue or a CPU issue? Would this ram be ok: Crucial DDR4 16GB 2,666MHz DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-PIN
  5. N

Thank you for your answer, it is much appreciated! Is there a benchmark to go for in terms of ram. And how far would I be able to go with this server? Is it realistic to start with 16 gb of ram in that machine and run a website, have less than 50 gb of data storage, and run a few java...
  6. N

Hello everyone, Background story It is time for me "have" my own server. I have decided that I need a physical server, that I can touch and operate. I need control over it and I need to learn how to use it and so on. I have been running a "faux-server" on my desktop from time to time. I ran...