Search results

1. A

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Hmm, sorry to hear that, and that is very interesting and I can also imagine, frustrating in regards to the memory controller differences, plus what you are noticing with the dedicated TPM vs. Supermicro approach. I am still pondering some of the bugs or kinks that the ASUS WS680 ACE might...
  2. A

Hey, thanks for posting and surprised it's not running. You indicated that you updated to the latest BIOS - did you confirm whether or not the Management Engine (ME) version of the board is at the level indicated by ASUS? I haven't updated the BIOS as I haven't had a chance to check the ME...
  3. A

To ensure the Core i5's GPU is running all the time and never shuts down, I did this instead of changing the BIOS - got a DisplayPort Emulator, which fools the GPU into thinking a monitor is plugged in. EVanlak disport Display Emulator 3rd Generation Premium Aluminum DP Dummy Plug take...
  4. A

Hey there, sorry for the late reply!! it's been some crazy stuff going on in life, so haven't had much time to check the forums! So I ended up going with a Core i5-13600K, and the load numbers that I was basing on, were based on what my UPS unit is indicating, however, there is also an Asustor...
  5. A

Not sure of it from the memory chip count, but it looks to be the case, that if you see something indicated in the spec sheet to be the same as that Kingston spec sheet, then it is still on-die ECC - for DDR5 memory at least - 72-bit = On-Die ECC, which I would think that all DDR5 modules that...
  6. A

I would suggest that the 80bit is the only true indication that ECC is working correctly in a UDIMM configuration. Based on what my RDIMM ECC DDR4 server's reporting that it has "multi-bit" error correction which I interpret as "detect/correct and report" vs. my WS680 reporting a ECC level of 5...
  7. A

That's awesome, I was messing around with the CPU power settings, especially the PL2 to avoid going over the 185W barrier, but I am really liking your numbers for power usage! what are you using to measure power consumption? Load power is absolutely something else indeed! :D
  8. A

Nice! so yes, you will likely see very similar running costs with a newer build. I'll eventually look into power tuning as well, but didn't want to miss out on the top 5.1ghz clocks that this Core i5-13600K can hit. What I am overall curious about when it comes to this board is when ASUS and/or...
  9. A

have you tried Neofetch? I just typed in "alternative to HWINFO64 Linux" and found this -> https://alternativeto.net/software/neofetch/about/ https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch Cheers
  10. A

Yes, without a Kill-A-Watt, I would suggest that I am consuming only this much power (146-150W) on average, as a note, when the server drops down to 800mhz, the system drops down to around 130W, so quite ideal for me. I'm coming from a X10SDC-4C-TLN2F which was drawing around 86-95w on average...
  11. A

Minimal tweaking on my part, not OC my system at all, here is total power draw with a light load - at the UPS level. (UPS connected directly to my ASUSTOR NAS that is acting as a Network UPS server) - and it's drawing some power on it's own 28-34W or so.
  12. A

Ya, I should post back to ASUS Support to update their page, as the Micron ECC UDIMMs that I have bought are running like champs on my system, no issues whatsoever, and true 80bit ECC goodness.
  13. A

Likewise - just keep a note of caution on the UPS import fees / commercial goods invoice - I had a number transposed and almost paid $120 CAD import fees from UPS to import two $8 USD 70MM (XBOX size) fans :rolleyes:, contacted QuietPC and they immediately issued a new commercial invoice and got...
  14. A

Yes, I have indications from a few posts here and Windows itself that I am running in true ECC - 80bit with my UDIMMS - the most recent STH YouTube went in depth about ECC and RDIMM ECC, but based on the 80bits, I know I am good. Posted a couple here indicating what HWInfo and Windows says...
  15. A

Hey there, you can pick them up from this US store (US store name of PC-Canada.com) -> https://www.tech-america.com/item/crucial-32gb-ddr5-sdram-memory-module/mtc20c2085s1ec48ba1r?lan=en $163.00 USD as of this post. $226.00 CAD as of this post...
  16. A

Agree completely! here in Canada, the IPMI boards went from what I paid for it - $447.99 CDN to $539.99 CDN, Canada Computers is still listing the W680-ACE IPMI for $449.99 CDN, but has never had stock, not sure when they would. I can also report that the Micron ECC UDIMMs have been rock solid...
  17. A

Yes, It's under Ai Tweaker - Tweaker's Paradise. I'm going to have to download the BIOS manual, because there are so many settings here, lots to learn.
  18. A

I decided to go all out and picked up processor and memory modules showed up today, just finished running some tests and things are looking good for the Micron ECC UDIMMs I indicated I would pick up. Finished running tests, and I'm satisfied that it's stable, moving onwards to the OS. I did...
  19. A

I'm still waiting to find a Core i5-13500, but can share that I pulled the trigger last night and ordered these here in Canada from PC-Canada.com for $254 CDN per stick. After doing a lot of research and reading spec sheets, I am comfortable that Micron would comply with JEDEC specs for these...
  20. A

Thanks for sharing! I can also confirm that ASUS has just updated their QVL for Processors which is now in alignment with Intel ARK for ECC enabled processors on the WS680 ACE / ACE IPMI boards. They have also replied to my support inquiry around ECC RAM support and have indicated that they...