Search results

1. S

Crossflashing of LSI 9341-8i to LSI 9300-8i. Success (but no SMART pass through)

@Kristian -- I have tried that package...but unless I am being very dense (which is quite possible)...the only "tool" in that package is the sas3flsh.exe. Now, your comments are particularly important, because you seem to be the only person who has cross-flashed an Intel SAS3XXX card into its...
  2. S

Crossflashing of LSI 9341-8i to LSI 9300-8i. Success (but no SMART pass through)

I can't find a megarec for sas3. I know that a megaoem.exe exists for sas3 controllers....but can't find it: http://mycusthelp.info/LSI/_cs/AnswerPreview.aspx?sSessionID=6624973237XBSTIXBBBYHZJVSANKMDKEITEWEMDT&inc=8352 The link in the article above is invalid. Someone, somewhere must have it!
  3. S

Thanks. I have tried this but on the 3X08 based cards there's a gotcha that I haven't been able to figure out a way around. sas3flsh doesn't recognize the presence of a 3x08 card unless one bridges a jumper on the board. When one bridges that jumper, it recognizes the card but won't run the...
  4. S

So, let's break this into pieces. #1. Does anyone know of a way I can extract the firmware from a stock LSI 9361-8i? #2. Does anyone know of a way to circumvent the "Image does not match Controller Device" error listed above? With these two questions answered, I would then be able to properly...
  5. S

Yes .. and I get the following error: I tried applying the SAS9311_8i_IR.BIN to the Intel RS3DC080 and I get the following: ... Firmware Image compatible with Controller ... ERROR: NVDATA Image does not match Controller Device Device ID - NVDATA:0x97 Controller:0x91.
  6. S

I am trying to cross-flash an Intel RS3DC080 to its LSI equivalent, the LSI-9361-8i. I have both cards to play with. As far as I can figure out, to perform this, I need at least the 3108 IT Firmware and the 3108 bios rom. I can find neither on the LSI/Avago web site or from scouring the net. The...
  7. S

Thanks. Unfortuntely my card is a 9361 ... But I think I figured the jumper...but I desperately need the LSI firmware! Cd you link to a copy of wherever you got it from? I also have an LSI 9631 but try as I might I can't grab the firmware from that as it insists I "upload" a rom when I have the...
  8. S

I want to do the same (but with the RS3DC080). Could you do us a favor and layout your steps...and in particular which bin files and rom files you used and where you got them from (and the location of the infamous Jumper!). I can't find a TP12 or anything like it. I want to run in IR mode...
  9. S

Intel RS3DC080 --> LSI 93XX-8i?

OK - you can skip the IT Mode/IR Mode question -- found a thread that deals with that one! https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/what-is-it-mode.328/
  10. S

Intel RS3DC080 --> LSI 93XX-8i?

Hi, A few noobie questions. What is the LSI equivalent to the Intel RS3DC080? Is it the LSI 9361-8i? What are the practical differences in use (if any)? How do I get the card to work with the MegaRaid Storage Manager -- do I need to cross flash it? Probably too many questions for one post --...