Search results

1. Levi

Hyperconverged Hypervisor options [Discussion]

I'm currently on a quest to build The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread). In order to design the Servers I first need to settle on a hypervisor to run. Current State Discuss --> Plan --> POC/Test --> Implement/Automate --> Backup/Monitor --> Reiterate Goals Hyper-converged - No...
  2. Levi

Low Power / HA - Router options [Discussion]

I'm currently on a quest to build The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread). To do so I'm going to need the lowest power routers available that also support some kinda HA setup. Current State: Discuss --> Plan --> POC/Test --> Implement/Automate --> Backup/Monitor --> Reiterate Just...
  3. Levi

The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread)

Preface This build won't take place until late 2022 or beyond. I still have to buy a property and build the workshop before I can officially get started. I'm starting this thread and others to better understand which setups and technologies will work best for my requirements. It's been almost...
  4. Levi

DIY commercial router kit

Israel’s SolidRun creates open networking kit inspired by Raspberry Pi Wasn't sure where to post it. Thought you guys would be interest Edit: fixed link
  5. Levi

FS: QLE2564 , LSI-SAS31601E

These are from 2 different projects that I'm no longer interested in. Pulled from working machines but I have not used since I don't have FC or a DAS to test with. I can install the cards and take screen shots if you want and I will give you 14 days to make sure they do work. I'm trying to get...
  6. Levi

Expanding Home Rack (SAS?DAS?FC?SAN?) HELP lol

Hey guys, I'm looking to expand the storage on my home Lab. The reason is I need more storage for files and backups, and I would like to be able to play with different hypervisors, and I now understand that most have a requirement for how they see that storage (block level instead of file...
  7. Levi

Missing information Dell poweredge 2950

Thought I would run this for fun. http://beta.linux-bench.com/display/55121428861895 Lots of missing information, maybe I missed some Pre-requisitions? Running ClearOS, a form of RHEL
  8. Levi

Update storage in Poweredge 2950

Hey guys, I have a Dell poweredge 2950 with a Perc5i. I'm using this with 4xSSD's raid0 and 2xHHD's raid1 and 2x15kSAS OS raid1. I would really like to upgrade the controller to take advantage of the SSD's speed. I found this MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i on ebay abd it didn't seem expensive. The...