Search results

1. Levi

The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread)

I'm not sure which part of the country you are in but around the Appalachian region it's very common to have cell service but nothing else. Lots of large mountains for cell towers but people spread too thin to run cable/dsl.
  2. Levi

I was thinking star link and 4g. I think it might be worth it if I run one CPU instead of populating both slots. Was looking at some specs from Dell R630. I still look at some of these chassis and see lots of silicon that needs powered.
  3. Levi

Hyperconverged Hypervisor options [Discussion]

I'm currently on a quest to build The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread). In order to design the Servers I first need to settle on a hypervisor to run. Current State Discuss --> Plan --> POC/Test --> Implement/Automate --> Backup/Monitor --> Reiterate Goals Hyper-converged - No...
  4. Levi

I have been following this for a while too. Since I knew I was going to need a truck and generator. They first released the Pro Power onboard option on the highest trim unit as a hybrid truck. It was like $60k to get the large battery. Now they got the new lighting models. I'm pretty sure they...
  5. Levi

more things to consider, though I will be far out enough that I won't even need a building permit (I hope). Oh, I can fit 2 towers in a full rack, I have done it before. I have also used some towers as a stand for a Poweredge before. I mean if this is the case then I can go with enterprise...
  6. Levi

Wow... I'm very familiar with kubernetes and this would be a game-changer. I'm not that familiar with rancher products. I have used k3's on a raspberry pi. Haven't used rancher, long horn or k3os. I'm worried that they are locking you out of the underlying os. Kubernetes runs pretty good on...
  7. Levi

I think for me critical is getting access to some of the smart home / IP cameras. That means all the networking between those devices and WAN is critical. Now I have always had pretty good luck with consumer-grade gear so it's not that I don't trust a single name brand switch or router but it's...
  8. Levi

I will cross-post your suggestions to the Low Power / HA - Router options. It seems like the HA router setup might be easier than I expected and I was already given some pretty decent advice I completely overlooked like 'Why not just use a normal WAP and flash DDRT?" Idk why I didn't think of...
  9. Levi

I knew this would be one of the first things asked haha. I will try and add a longer motivation section to the original post. So I guess it depends on the person. I happen to have been traveling for work the last 7 years or so. Currently stuck in India waiting on flights to open back up. I'm...
  10. Levi

Low Power / HA - Router options [Discussion]

I'm currently on a quest to build The Ultimate Off-grid SOHO Server Rack (MegaThread). To do so I'm going to need the lowest power routers available that also support some kinda HA setup. Current State: Discuss --> Plan --> POC/Test --> Implement/Automate --> Backup/Monitor --> Reiterate Just...
  11. Levi

** Reserved for Updates **
  12. Levi

13. Levi

14. Levi

15. Levi

16. Levi

17. Levi

18. Levi

19. Levi

20. Levi

Preface This build won't take place until late 2022 or beyond. I still have to buy a property and build the workshop before I can officially get started. I'm starting this thread and others to better understand which setups and technologies will work best for my requirements. It's been almost...