Search results

1. S

Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F memory population issue

Maybe this helps: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-vSphere-Discussions/Fatal-Error-28-CRC-error-when-installing-ESXI7-0-0-B/td-p/2294990 On a number of Supermicro boards while installing linux I've also had to unplug plug in a USB device to get past weird installation issues using a...
  2. S

FreeNAS Corral and bhyve network question

Yup, I'll wander over there and take a look. Cheers.
  3. S

Some additional results: Test 5: On FreeNAS Corral Host: iperf -s On the NAT network mode VM guest targeting its host(above): iperf -c XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -P1 -i1 -t100 Result: 2.2 Gbits/s Test 6: On a remote FreeNAS 9.10U2 box (over 10Gbe): iperf -s On the NAT network mode VM guest hosted on...
  4. S

Everything is all MTU 1500 at the moment. Also, vlan config was not part of test 2 as I attempted to keep it simple initially. Cheers.
  5. S

Don't think they are installed on a base FreeNAS system. I'll see what I can do.
  6. S

I installed Corral and have been playing around with VMs. I've observed an interesting problem when running some simple network tests and I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar results in their testing. All tests are running on a 10G Network and involve running the following 2 commands. On...
  7. S

Rack to Tower conversion?

Hi folks, I have two (well more, but let's start with two) SC826 Chassis. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a product that would allow me to stack two vertically, back to back to effectively create a 4U tower? Floor space is precious, vertical space less so. Cheers Simon
  8. S

Intel 1U Help Needed

Couple of thoughts I'd just throw out there as I don't know the answers to any of them :) Does the board have IPMI? Do you actually need a CPU installed to run IPMI? If you don't need a CPU installed can you use IPMI to update the bios? Cheers Simon
  9. S

Jim's Phreak of a mini-ITX AIO VM/Storage server

Maybe I missed this in the thread but some observations: 1) I never had to enable LAN1/LAN2 so odd to me they came disabled on your board. 2) LAN3/LAN4 are enabled via jumper JPTG1 10Gb Ethernet Enable Pins 1-2 (Enabled). Again, didn't have to do this for my board. Cheers Simon
  10. S

Jim's Phreak of a mini-ITX AIO VM/Storage server

Here's what my device manager looks like. This is for Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit. Opened the zip, right clicked the inf file, select install and then reboot. All adapters are enabled, have working IPs (1Gb for the moment as I've not completed my network setup). Cheers Simon
  11. S

More Samsung SV843's?

Sorry, missed this question. CrystalDiskInfo reports ID B1 (Wear Level Count) Current/Worst/Threshold as 99/99/5 for all 3 devices. Cheers Simon
  12. S

More Samsung SV843's?

Just some info. From the wordage (not the image) it wasn't totally obvious to me these are in fact SV843s but after a convo with the seller and ordering/receiving the the items, the drives I received do appear to be SV843s. Cheers Simon
  13. S

ESXi boot drive on SuperMicro X10SDV-F?

Morning Jim, I connect up the USB connectors on the motherboard giving me 4 USB2 and 2 USB3 ports total and then use a USB thumbdrive. I have also been considering something like this: Amazon.com: StarTech.com 2 Port USB Motherboard Header Adapter (USBMBADAPT2): Computers & Accessories but not...
  14. S

SV843 SSD and disk activity light

All the same FW version. OS versions have ranged from ESXi 5.5/Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2 and Linux. Firmware for the controller on the X10SL7-F is currently 19 (I have had it 16, same issue).
  15. S

Firmware is different at least. DXV8DW3Q
  16. S

Oops, half asleep. Thanks!
  17. S

@j_h_o For reference, what's your firmware version? (if it's easy to get)
  18. S

Hmm. I wasn't aware you could update the FW of these drives. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll go take a look. @j_h_o Good to know they function correctly on other hardware. Thanks for that data point. Cheers Simon
  19. S

For the record: Chassis: CSE-M28SAB SAS/SATA Mobile Rack Controller: LSI 2308 (onboard controller of the X10SL7-F). I've also had the SSDs plugged directly into the controller of another MB (non LSI SATA contoller) with the same result. I stress that everything appears to work fine but for...
  20. S

Evening all, I have several SV843 SSD which I'm more than happy with and appear to be performing well. What's got me a little irritated though is not being able to figure out why the disk activity light is perma-on when these are installed. All other SSD, when installed in the same slots, blink...