Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Not yet. I'm preparing my back up switch and once i swap it out I'm going to open it up. I'll report back once I find out more info.
  2. D

strange output. it just looks like nothing is there. the switch definitely has poe and it was running with poe up until a month ago. reboot didn't fix it. SSH@ICX7250-24P Switch>show inline power detail Power Supply Data On unit 1: ++++++++++++++++++ Power Supply Data: ++++++++++++++++++...
  3. D

one of my ICX725024P switches stopped supplying POE power. The switch still runs, just without POE to my APs. I had to put in an injector in between to get my APs back up. All other function appears to be the same. where should I start with trying to fix this? Is there a separate POE PSU...
  4. D

I just updated two of my ICX 7250 to 09010. One of them I can access the webui from a different subnet but the other one I can only access the webui from the same subnet. I have my switches and APs on a 172.x.x.x network and my user machines on a 10.x.x.x subnet. I have firewall rules to allow...
  5. D

This is great info. Thanks for the insight. I had a feeling that pfsense not detecting a down link had something to do with it. I’m going to play around with my setup a bit more with this knowledge in mind.
  6. D

No traffic is flowing. I have two WAN interfaces, one is dedicated for my homelab stuff and one is for general users. When I power cycle one of the modems only the WAN that I didn't touch stays up.
  7. D

The IP doesn't get lost by pfsense while in use. I was just doing some robustness testing of my setup and noticed when I power cycle my modem I can't get pfsense to get a new lease no matter what I do. I have to do that synchronized power cycle and renew in order for it to work. The modem is...
  8. D

Wanted to hear from anyone else running a similar set up and if they have the same issue as me. I have a router on a stick set up with a pfsense box and ICX 7250. I have a port on my ICX 7250 set to untagged VLAN 10, no tagged VLANs, and STP off. This VLAN 10 is used as my WAN connection and...
  9. D

Update on my network interruption issue. I set all my infrastructure to static IPs instead of DHCP reservations (7250 48P, 2xR710, and 1xR610). I was still getting the interruptions. I flashed a 7150 with SPS fw and swapped out the 7250. It appears to be more stable now no interruptions yet...
  10. D

Yea good point, I have been meaning to do that. I'll try that out before resorting to flashing.
  11. D

I have a couple 7250s that came with the L2 only SPS firmware. Initially I ran them as is since the FW was new enough and I was just dipping my toes into the brocade world. Since then I've flashed them up to 80.0.90 with the L3 SPR firmware. I don't use/need L3 stuff and the guides say it...
  12. D

You'll need a serial port on your laptop. You can get a USB A to Serial adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Converter-Prolific-Chipset-CB-DB9P/dp/B00IDSM6BW/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Serial%2BTo%2BUsb%2BAdapter&qid=1634239930&sr=8-5&th=1
  13. D

so you have a cable with RJ45 on one end and Mini USB B on the other? And then you have that RJ45 connected to your laptop and USB on the switch? If so that doesn't seem correct. You need a serial interface on your laptop to connect to the mini USB B port. You might have to adapt the RJ45 to a...
  14. D

What does the physical connection look like for the console cable. Are you certain it is a serial cable and not just a normal mini USB B cable?
  15. D

did the trick! don't know how I missed that
  16. D

I just got a second ICX7250 and it came with an old bootloader (10.1.06T215) and was running 8030t. I can't get it to boot anything newer than 8030. I tried stepping through each version back from 8090 and it just spits out "wrong image format for bootm command" after flashing and rebooting. Is...
  17. D

I tried searching this thread for ideas on expanding sfp+ ports on these switches. Would a cheap L2 only SFP+ switch uplinked to a icx7250 do the trick or is there an affordable brocade option for getting more sfp+ ports?