Search results

1. N

ES Xeon Discussion

I talked with MPS, and they told me that they have a lot of ICs models pre-programmed for specified vendors, so MP2968 is probably for gigabyte. By the way, ask them which software and programmer you should use for your chip. I used exactly the software which they suggested me to use...
  2. N

ES Xeon Discussion

RolloZ170, Yes, I can save it permanently without any issue. In my case everything is read/write. I have in fact MP2968 but it's similar to MP2965. I had to power on motherboard (even without CPU), to fully manage the MPS IC's through software. If I leave motherboard only in standby, I can't do...
  3. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi guys, Sorry for the long time without reply. I was sick. Going back to the Gigabyte C621-WD12 - I've successfully connected the MPS USB programmer to the SMBus 3-pin connector like on the picture 1.jpg Here I need to mention that all PWM controllers work on PMBus, but motherboard vendors use...
  4. N

Intel 8124m board compatibility

I'm still waiting for answer from Gigabyte Support, but they got hacked two weeks ago, and support site was unavailable. In the meantime we're working on that here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/es-xeon-discussion.5031/post-311002 @Steffwiz - It looks like you might be...
  5. N

ES Xeon Discussion

It's time to update. I've made some research with other vendor's PWM controllers. The second popular company producing these controllers is Renesas (Intersil), with their ISL chips like ISL69138 or ISL95712 etc. Here is the USB interface...
  6. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Yep, sounds like it's me (-; We talk about this here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/intel-8124m-board-compatibility.29304/page-4 Thanks for RolloZ170 for every suggestion & knowledge by the way. I'm still waiting for Gigabyte support for any reply like for Asus support. I...
  7. N

Thanks for that you check it. It's always clarifying something. I wrote to Gigabyte, and also mentioned them that on IPMI version these CPUs works, so maybe there will be chance to move some part of BIOS code responsible for VRM controlling to non-IPMI version. In other way, maybe there is some...
  8. N

As you said, there are no other options. I'll ask Gigabyte and let know here what they said. It will probably take a few days for wait to their answer. I'm not a hundred percent sure if these Xeons are alive, but I bought them from a company in California. I asked the seller twice, and he said...
  9. N

Do you mean VRM controller firmware upgrade? Ok but if I tell them that I'm trying to run 8222CL CPU they will probably say that is not supported CPU.
  10. N

Ok, works done, bios upgraded to F8. Same scenario - after change CPU to 8222CL immediately red led (SIO_LED1) shows up. Even the q-code 7-segment display remain dark. I attached two photos below.
  11. N

Ok, I will do that upgrade. I have to borrow any working cpu first, because Gigabyte has no such any feature like bios flashback.
  12. N

rev 1.0. I can see on Gigabyte website there was no another revisions. Is that correct?
  13. N

I made a comparison (see picture below) of F7 and F8 bios. They both have the same microcodes and CPUID revisions. Do you think that this upgrade can make it works?
  14. N

Hi, it's great that I found this thread, maybe someone could help me. I bought two Xeons 8222CL (205W) B1 50657. I can't get it work with Gigabyte C621-WD12 (F7 bios), but in many forum I read that this board will work with custom oem vendors Xeons. Even on sellers sites on ebay and aliexpress...