Search results

1. E

Mellanox ConnectX-4, how to apply settings permanently?

I have many Mellanox ConnectX-4 25G cards on bare-metal Windows machines, which need FEC settings applied via 'mlxlink' utility in order to link to a particular switch. Trouble is, these settings do not get saved, and are lost after a reboot. How can I make sure that they are permanently applied?
  2. E

4x NVMe U.2 Gen4 Caddy; Icy Dock MB699VP-B V2 or similar, available?

I’m looking to buy a 4x Gen4 NVMe U.2 caddy system that fits into a 5.25” bay, like the Icy Dock MB699VP-B V2. I can’t find the Icy Dock for sale anywhere, and the previous version has compatibility issues with OcuLink cables allegedly... The drives must interface with a Supermicro Gen4...
  3. E

Most effective acoustic rack cabinet?

I have to stick a few loud switches and servers next to humans on a particular site, no other option in this case. Have been entertaining the prospect of either lining a standard rack cabinet with a layer of ‘Dynamat’ and acoustic foam, or buying an off-the-shelf acoustic cabinet. Anyone with...
  4. E

ESXi all-NVMe storage array requirements

I'm looking to move a Proxmox VE host to ESXi, to experiment with Nvidia vGPU (RTX A5000 shared between three guests). The Proxmox host currently has an all-NVMe ext4 striped storage array as 'hot' storage for media ingest, before the content gets archived to a magnetic ZFS pool. The NVMe array...
  5. E

EPYC 3rd Gen, Resizable BAR support

Can ‘Resizable BAR’ be enabled on EPYC Milan? I use EPYC 7443P on ROMED8-2T servers for broadcast video with RTX A6000 GPUs which support resizable BAR, but have not found a way to enable it in the BIOS. Is this even possible on EPYC? I have Zen3-based Ryzen systems on X570 boards which can...
  6. E

Gen4 U.2 NVMe Drives - How to connect to motherboard?

I have several Asrock ROMED8-2T EPYC Milan based systems, and wish to add 4x Samsung PM9A3 Gen4 U.2 SSDs to them. The boards have 2x 4-lane Oculink connectors, which will work fine for two of the drives using Oculink SFF-8611 to U.2 SFF-8639 cables. How about connecting the other two at Gen4...
  7. E

SONiC: Does the OS distro support IGMP Snooping?

I'm looking to deploy a couple of Edge-Core switches, and am in the process of determining the NOS to use. We require IGMP Snooping V3 and PIM multicast features; does the FOS distro of SONiC support these protocols? The Github manual is rather lacking...
  8. E

25Gb Core Switch recommendation

I'm in the market for a top-of-rack core switch, with minimum 24x 25Gb SFP28 ports and 4x QSFP28 uplinks. For a simple project that requires simple L3 such as inter-VLAN routing of multicast packets. Must support IGMP Snooping V3. Been looking at new and used FS.com, Edge-Core, Mellanox, Dell...