Search results

1. Luzer

Changed to 512 sector for HITACHI-Netapp Hard Drive but cant Format, Partition, or Reflash

I purchased these drives off of eBay and I was able to reformat them to 512 but I cant add a partition with ESXi, Windows, or Gpart live in Ubuntu Live CD. I tried to flash like on this thread but I get the error below 'Write buffer failed: Illegal request, type: sense key, apart from Invalid...
  2. Luzer

Integrated NIC Preventing Boot of a X9SCM-F - NVM Currupt

I'm lucky enough to get a x9scm-f from a friend that said it didn't work. The when I first booted it I got the error below and after some troubleshooting I changed the jumper to disable the NIC and it booted. I don't see any other issues as I have TruNAS running for some testing. I was thinking...
  3. Luzer

Borked Flash of a Mellanox CX354A ConnectX-3 - Missing Second Port

While trying to cross flash my CX354A I think I disabled the second port on the card by flashing the single port firmware. When I run '/opt/mellanox/bin/mlxfwmanager' on my esxi server I only get 'Device #1' and before the flash, on the original FW, I got Device #1 and #2'. Any suggestions on...
  4. Luzer

Current Best HDD's for Synology NAS

I need to upgrade my Synology storage and I'm having a hard time narrowing down what hard drives to get. I want to wait till 20TB drives come out but with the chip shortages it might be awhile. Any guidance on getting new drives for my 5 bay Synology? I'm trying to stay below $400 per drive.
  5. Luzer

Supermicro X8DTT-IBQF Blade Randomly Reboots

I’ve had my blades, four X8DTT-IBQF, for about two years now and one of them just started to randomly reboot. It’s the left blade in a 808T-1200B chassis and after some troubleshooting I thought it was the PDE because when I switched the blades in the chassis, from left to right, the blade on...
  6. Luzer

iSCSI Boot with Infiniband ConnectX-2?

I have two Supermicro X8DTT-IBQF servers and I want to boot them off of iSCSI though the InfiniBand cards. From what I've been reading I need to reflash the firmware to a PXE image. On page 9 of the FlexBoot User Manual Mellanox says that it supports ConnectX-2 cards with a Firmware of 2.9.1000...