Search results

1. L

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

No, SoNIC is not supported on this hardware. It'll boot, but has no drivers for the switch chips on it.
  2. L

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

I'd be interested in trying that version if I can find it.
  3. L

Here's what I learned. Arista will give you a key to override the module detection if you have a valid support contract, or maybe ask them nicely I guess. The format of this config command is: service unsupported-transceiver name key so it would look something like service...
  4. L

Thanks all - got the transceiver issue sorted out.
  5. L

Well now for some thread necromancy, but I think it might be appropriate. These switches are still out there and still a deal I just got one of these myself. I understand that third party SFP+ are probably not supported by default. I also understand that the old method of putting the enable3px...
  6. L

Topton 4x2.5G/2x10G firewall box with unexpected i7-10810U inside

Hi all, been a lurker of STH forever but I finally had something I thought worth sharing. Based on the review of the recent Topton firewall mini-pcs, the version with the 4x2.5G and 2x10G interfaces caught my eye, so I went over to AliExperss and ordered one. I didn't "need" the i7 10510U...
  7. L

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Does anyone have the IPMI firmware image or at least the version that is known to work on the X10SLH-N6-ST031? I updated the firmware and it doesn't work- no sensors detected causing the the board to go into overheat mode. Edit - actually never mind - it's now clear this board is just broken...
  8. L

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I got one of these boards today. I have experience with Supermicro servers and the behavior of this thing seems strange. The LEDs on the BMC NIC flash and change color in an odd way. The BMC heartbeat LED doesn't flash green like every other board I've seen, it's a solid orange. The IPMI web...
  9. L

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Anyone know how to recover a LB6M from a corrupt image on flash? It boots to u-boot and tries to boot the image off the flash, but it's corrupted somehow. Image2 is completely absent. I set the IP and TFTP an image from the server, but it won't boot it. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong...
  10. L

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

That's funny! I took that picture in the Rackable container.
  11. L

No, dual PSU. Everything says fine: Temperature (Celsius).......................... 36 Fan Speed, RPM................................. 8194 Fan Duty Level................................. 43% Temperature traps range: 0 to 45 degrees (Celsius) Temperature Sensors: Unit Sensor Temperature...
  12. L

Interestingly, I've noticed the status light on my switch is yellow, but looking at the switch status I can't figure out why. Environmentals are all good, fans and PSU status is good... no idea what's making it not go green.
  13. L

No, but the light on the front will probably never go green that way.
  14. L

hey guys, just found this thread/site and I was going to try and add some helpful info, but I think most stuff is covered. I can't say for certain who else used these switches, but they were pretty commonly used in Microsoft datacenters a few years ago, and a large number have obviously been...