Search results

1. S

Cisco Nexus N9K

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I have a question for the ones familiar with Cisco Nexus and licenses. I currently only use Arista 7060 (32x100G) and 7170 (64x100G) switches purchased on ebay, but recently prices are super high. I tried Celestica DX010 + Sonic, but didn't work since it...
  2. S

How to get Arista Cloud vision?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I have several Arista switches that I purchased on ebay. I love them and currently use Zabbix to see interfaces and some basic graphs. However I was seeing CloudVision on YouTube videos and I would like to start using it. Do you know how can I get it? Best regards
  3. S

How to run stress or HW health test in Arista switches?

Hi, I hope you're doing. I have several used Arista switches that I'm afraid to put in production since we have seen certain problems with refurbished units, especially with DCS-7170-64C, like random port-channel de-configuration and packet loss after some time or traffic levels. I was wondering...
  4. S

Latest Arista firmware for DCS-7050QX-32 (non-S version)

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I was wondering what is the latest available version for the Arista DCS-7050QX-32F (non-S version). Best regards,
  5. S

Software SAN vs M3600i

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. We have some XCP-NG servers running in our network and we want to deploy our first SAN in order to allow HA. I've been considering two options: - 2 x Dell R720xd servers with dual10GB card and 2 x Seagate Exos X20z 18TB each machine and a StarWinds VSAN...
  6. S

Arista CFPX-200G-DWDM module on DCS-7500E-6C2-LC line card?

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Arista CFPX-200G-DWDM transceiver in a DCS-7500E-6C2-LC line card? I understand that this line card only supports 100G transceivers, but according to the datasheet the CFPX-200G-DWDM it supports 100G/200G speeds...
  7. S

Arista and DPE firmware

Hi, I hope you're doing well. I recently purchased a used Arista DCS-7170 switch and it comes with firmware EOS-DPE-4.24.2.4F. I'm trying to load EOS-4.26.6M.swi but after I reload the unit it comes back to aboot and when I enter "boot /mnt/flash/EOS-DPE-4.24.2.4F.swi" command it shows the...
  8. S

port specific tags in Arista?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I need to remove ingress tags for various VLANs on physical port and apply a different tag upon egress on an Arista switch, but I haven't found the way to do it, in Extreme Networks it's called port specific vlan tags (PSTAG). Do you know if there's an...
  9. S

Arista newer firmware version on upgraded DCS-7050S-64

Hi guys, I have some Arista DCS-7050S-64 switches with upgraded memory (8GB of RAM) and 8GB of storage, but since they are an EOL platform (according to Arista anything above equal or above 4.19 don't support it) I haven't loaded anything newer than firmware 4.18.11M on them. I assume the...
  10. S

Arista EOS vs EOS64

Hi, I hope you're doing well. I have an Arista DCS-7060CX-32S currently running EOS 32 bit. I'm wondering if there's a benefit of running EOS 64 bit on it? I haven't been able to find a lot of information about it, besides that the 64 bit version uses a little bit more memory (I assume that's...
  11. S

Dell S5148F-ON - does anyone have OS10?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I bought a Dell S5148F-ON switch, but I just figured out it doesn't run SONIC. Does anyone have a OS10 image available to check if this switch is working fine? Thanks,
  12. S

SONIC switch and 100G-CWDM4 modules

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. Has anyone used 100G-CWDM4 transceivers in a SONIC Switch (Celestica DX010)? The link is Arista DCS-7060CX-32S : (FS 100G-CWDM4 transceiver) ----------single mode fiber 100ft ----------- (FS 100G-CWDM4 transceiver) : Sonic Switch / Celestica DX010 Both sides...
  13. S

Newer firmware for Arista DCS-7060CX-32S?

Hi guys, I'm testing MLAG with our Arista DCS-7060CX-32S switches running fw 4.20.3F, however it's not stable. We downloaded vEOS 4.27 in the lab and it works table. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the software version 4.27 or higher so I could test my units with that firmware...
  14. S

SONiC and forums/mail-list for support?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I am struggling with the configuration of SONiC on a Celestica DX010. I have read some guides that talk about a sonic-cli mode, which seems to be friendlier since it's like normal Cisco CLI, I was able to open the sonic-cli mode, but all the commands show a...
  15. S

SONiC and interfaces names

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I was wondering if there's a way to chance the numbering of the interfaces in SONIC? I have a 32x100G port switch, which is being used in 100G mode per port. In Arista when the port is in 100G mode the interface name is Ethernet X, but when it's being used in...
  16. S

Have anyone tried Alpine Optoelectronics 100G DWDM modules?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I am looking to upgrade our DCI from Nx10G to Nx100G, we have a special case which is a short, 1KM DCI, so I am thinking of using PAM4 modules directly using a passive 8ch DWDM MUX. I was able to find a manufacturer, Alpine Optoelectronics which has a 100G...
  17. S

SONiC ready for primetime in Layer2?

Hi guys, I hope you're all doing good. I have been playing with a Celestica DX010 running SONiC for the last weeks (and reading a lot about SONiC) and I'm curious what is your opinion about the readiness of the platform for a production environment? We currently use Arista DCS-7060CX-32S...
  18. S

Transceiver brand for SONIC/Celestica switch

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. In the last years I have been working with Arista switches and noticed that they are not very flexible with third-party optics. However, I have found a workaround ordering FS transceivers flashed for Arista. Now, I am starting to use Celestica switches with...
  19. S

Juniper MX204/480 vs QFX10002-36Q

Hi guys, I hope you're doing good. I am looking to replace a Mikrotik CCR1072 (currently doing BGP, 3 peers with full BGP, and some basic firewall rules). I was wondering if I could use a Juniper QFX10002-36Q to replace it, or if I have to go to something like a MX204 or MX480? What is the...
  20. S

Arista switch - Ghost traffic

Hi guys, I hope you are doing great. I am facing a really strange case of ghost traffic. The setup is an Arista DCS-7060CX-32S (I also tried an Arista DCS-7050QX-32S and saw the same behavior) that is replicating the traffic of one port to all others, acting like a HUB instead of a switch. I...