Search results

1. S

Enterprise Sonic by Broadcom EOL?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I have some switches running the Enterprise Sonic by Broadcom release 3.1.2 due to better stability and working features compared with compiled version of Sonic.202305. However, I haven't seen a new version since long time ago. Do anyone know if the Broadcom...
  2. S

Cisco Nexus N9K

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I have a question for the ones familiar with Cisco Nexus and licenses. I currently only use Arista 7060 (32x100G) and 7170 (64x100G) switches purchased on ebay, but recently prices are super high. I tried Celestica DX010 + Sonic, but didn't work since it...
  3. S

How to get Arista Cloud vision?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I have several Arista switches that I purchased on ebay. I love them and currently use Zabbix to see interfaces and some basic graphs. However I was seeing CloudVision on YouTube videos and I would like to start using it. Do you know how can I get it? Best regards
  4. S

How to run stress or HW health test in Arista switches?

What is the difference between ixchariot and iperf3?
  5. S

How to run stress or HW health test in Arista switches?

Hi, I hope you're doing. I have several used Arista switches that I'm afraid to put in production since we have seen certain problems with refurbished units, especially with DCS-7170-64C, like random port-channel de-configuration and packet loss after some time or traffic levels. I was wondering...
  6. S

Latest Arista firmware for DCS-7050QX-32 (non-S version)

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I was wondering what is the latest available version for the Arista DCS-7050QX-32F (non-S version). Best regards,
  7. S

Arista and DPE firmware

Yes, it didn't work
  8. S

Arista and DPE firmware

I'm still facing the same issue :'(
  9. S

Software SAN vs M3600i

Hi, I also found True as Scale, it means to support multiple nodes. Do you think it's a safe option?
  10. S

Software SAN vs M3600i

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. We have some XCP-NG servers running in our network and we want to deploy our first SAN in order to allow HA. I've been considering two options: - 2 x Dell R720xd servers with dual10GB card and 2 x Seagate Exos X20z 18TB each machine and a StarWinds VSAN...
  11. S

Arista CFPX-200G-DWDM module on DCS-7500E-6C2-LC line card?

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Arista CFPX-200G-DWDM transceiver in a DCS-7500E-6C2-LC line card? I understand that this line card only supports 100G transceivers, but according to the datasheet the CFPX-200G-DWDM it supports 100G/200G speeds...
  12. S

Arista and DPE firmware

Hi, I hope you're doing well. I recently purchased a used Arista DCS-7170 switch and it comes with firmware EOS-DPE-4.24.2.4F. I'm trying to load EOS-4.26.6M.swi but after I reload the unit it comes back to aboot and when I enter "boot /mnt/flash/EOS-DPE-4.24.2.4F.swi" command it shows the...
  13. S

Arista newer firmware version on upgraded DCS-7050S-64

Hi webjunkie, Thank you for your explanation, I will keep them on 4.18.11M then. Best regards,
  14. S

port specific tags in Arista?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing well. I need to remove ingress tags for various VLANs on physical port and apply a different tag upon egress on an Arista switch, but I haven't found the way to do it, in Extreme Networks it's called port specific vlan tags (PSTAG). Do you know if there's an...
  15. S

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Hi, Does anyone know what is the latest version that can be used in the DCS-7050QX-32?
  16. S

Arista newer firmware version on upgraded DCS-7050S-64

Hi guys, I have some Arista DCS-7050S-64 switches with upgraded memory (8GB of RAM) and 8GB of storage, but since they are an EOL platform (according to Arista anything above equal or above 4.19 don't support it) I haven't loaded anything newer than firmware 4.18.11M on them. I assume the...
  17. S

Arista EOS vs EOS64

Thank you for your advise guys, I have loaded that version on the DCS-7060CX-32S and it works perfectly.
  18. S

Arista EOS vs EOS64

So, I would need to upgrade the RAM of the DCS-7060CX-32S to 32GB in order to support without issues the EOS 64 bit? Best regards
  19. S

Arista EOS vs EOS64

Hi, I hope you're doing well. I have an Arista DCS-7060CX-32S currently running EOS 32 bit. I'm wondering if there's a benefit of running EOS 64 bit on it? I haven't been able to find a lot of information about it, besides that the 64 bit version uses a little bit more memory (I assume that's...
  20. S

Sonic - MLAG & Management network issues

Yes, we had to build it 202106 with ICCPD turned on ourselves. We have several dozens in production so far