Search results

1. S

sff usb powered?

What are you doing on it? If you're really worried about power, and not doing that much on it other than a little storage; could you jump down to something based on a CM4?
  2. S

Will it work? Epyc 7F72 + 25 NVMe's

For how much this system is going to cost (which isn't totally crazy in the grand scheme of things); I would just max the ram up front and get all 8 channels going. 64gb sticks aren't _that_ bad these days MEM-DR464MC-ER32 64GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC 2Rx4 RDIMM Memory for SuperMicro servers | eBay
  3. S

[COMPLETED][W][US-CA] 4x Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny

I've got a m920q with i5-8500, 64gb ram, 1tb WD blue ssd, and the 16x riser. I actually don't really want to sell it, but I haven't turned it on in 6 months, so I think I just have too many projects :) I'd do 400 or so shipped. Send me a PM.
  4. S

SBC with 10Gbe + M.2 with at least 2-lanes of Gen 3?

I just did something kind of close to this, and ended up with the same conclusion as SnJ9MX. I went with 4x ThinkStation P340 SFF.
  5. S

Is Connector A of a PICMG 1.3 a regular X16 PCIE slot mechanically?

This might be a solution to your problem (though not your exact question). In a sff project of mine in using these Delock Products 62863 Delock Adapter U.2 SFF-8639 > PCIe x4 with fixing plate to put full size cards in 1L PCs (via m. 2 adapters). I don't see a reason why you couldn't use them...
  6. S

Looking for a HDMI KVM switch for dual monitors, attached to 2 to 3 PC. Has to have real EDID

Does it need to be HDMI? I have a iogear gcs1944 that I've been very happy with, but that's display port. Past that I think you get into funky matrix switch stuff.
  7. S

FS: All gone

What was the zfs config and performance like?
  8. S

Best practice or toolkit for estimating cable run lengths?

Most decent cable will also have distance markers on it as well. Just sharpie mark the box with the last one you saw every time you cut some off. That way you have an idea of what's left. It's typically some arbitrary number based on the spool size at the manufacturing plant. So a 1k box might...
  9. S

Best practice or toolkit for estimating cable run lengths?

(ex LV contractor) LodeRunner basically said what I would do to get a baseline estimate for initial quoting. Once framing is closer to finished I would do a site survey with either the general, or the electrical contractor to understand routes (especially where you have to cross firebreaks) to...
  10. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

30m. I'd be surprised if there were major issues with all new parts from FS. I'll track down my cleaning supplies and go from there I guess.
  11. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Using windows <-> icx6610 via a flashed HP card, FS qsfp optics and a new FS cable, are there any other configs that I'm missing to get this working. I'm seeing tons of input errors on the switch side. SSH@tor>show int ethernet 1/2/1 40GigabitEthernet1/2/1 is up, line protocol is up Port...