Search results

1. P

WD Ultrastar incessant 5 second seek

I have 12 14TB WD drives. 4 are shucked (used for a backup pool). 4 are WD Red Plus. 4 are "new" refurbished Ultrastar HC530's. I've just recently created a 8x RAIDz2 from the Reds & Ultrastars. All are in a DIY case with either a 8x SAS2308 or little 4x SATA card, though the symptoms occur...
  2. P

NAS "Downgrade" Advice

So not really a "downgrade", per se. But I'm OP at the moment. Literally. Idling at ~200w with drives spun down and BIOS power set to the most eco-possible modes. And I'd like to halve that if possible. Here's the minimums: 12 x SATA HDD 4 x NVMe SSD Extra SSD or NVMe for boot drive 1 x 10GBe...
  3. P

Topton/KingNovy N5105 (2.5gbpsx4) + pfSense = poor 2.5gbps perf

Okay, pretty novice at this, but I've got one of the famous fanless AliExpress boxes up and running with pfSense. I'm connected to two WAN gateways (one at 2.5gbps) and have recently purchased and installed a MikroTik S+RJ10 into my MikroTik CRS328-24P-4S+RM (just rolls off the tongue, that...
  4. P

Supermicro X9DAi 3 of 8 RAM channels bad?

So I just got this mobo from eBay. I'm already irked because the seller sold it as an "open box" X9DRI-F-O. Shipped a USED DAi in a box from the DRI completely flopping around in the box with no packaging or anti-static bag. So it's a workstation board...no IPMI...no VGA. BUT, I've been fighting...
  5. P

Intel S2600C0 Issues

So I'm actually on my second of these LGA2011 boards from eBay. Both have issues. The original seems to work OK with 1 CPU, but doesn't post with CPU 2 installed. So I have 1/2 CPU's and 1/2 PCIe slots working. Woo hoo. Seller sent a replacement board which arrived today, and it won't post at...