Search results

1. K

Fixed package error for Solaris 11.4 CBE

Welp. Nothing came up when I searched the error before. Now this thread shows up. Hopefully it helps someone in the future
  2. K

I guess what I mean to say is that I was used to the original 11.4 install ISO not needing any modifications for the package repository to work versus the CBE ISO needing the modification. But with all my google searching I didn't find the error I received. Hopefully this thread helps someone...
  3. K

Solaris 11.4 CBE -- free for personal and non-commercial use!

I might get some hate for saying this. But Oracle ZFS is way better than Open ZFS. Furthermore the out of box SMB multichanel support is amazing for Windows environments.
  4. K

Just thought I would leave this fix here for the internet. I ran into an issue with Solaris 11.4 CBE where none of the packages would update or install from the default repository. Someone at Oracle changed something and the default package repository moved. Example Error to help google...
  5. K

LB4M 1Gb Module?

On the LB6m, they disable 1g optics in software. They are probably doing the same thing with the LB4m.
  6. K

Beware - Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter II x8 PCI-E slot

I managed to get the cards working without needing to reset the port on startup. Update the cards to the 11.x firmware from broadcoms website and then disable all of the DCBx features from the One command CNA manager. Reboot and using the CNA manager, disable then re-enable the port. Verify all...
  7. K

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Just want to let everyone know that after you flash the brocade os you can use the super cheap Cisco FET-10G transceiver. They can be had for under $3 each. I use emulex Oce10100,11100,and 14100 cards and they also support the Cisco FET-10G optics.
  8. K

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Can I join, I will probably use 24xE7-8837s/E7-8867Ls.
  9. K

Cheap optical QSFP 56 Infiniband cables Guide

There are 2 pegs on the qsfp transceiver that guide the connector in. There is also an arrow on the fiberside (male) connector that helps keep send/receive fibres on the correct side.
  10. K

Here are some more pictures. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
  11. K

Frist post here so I thought I would start by helping others. Ok, so you know the cheap optical QSFP transceivers on eBay, Well it turns out you can use them. First you need a MPO cable to use, and as a warning, they are not the cheapest things so be very careful when following this guide...
  12. K

Need help outfiting a Dell M910

I recently purchased a Dell M910 barebones blade server and was wondering what the most cost effective method of outfitting it for video compression using handbrake and running low memory and cpu usage vm's on Hyper-v. The operating system I will be using is Windows Server 2012R2 Datacenter...
  13. K

Need Help finding a 4p Xeon E5 v1/v2 motherboard

I think that I will go along with that motherboard and hope for the best. If that plan fails horribly I will just sell the 4640s and get some normal E5s and go with the 2x2 server route. Thanks for all the help. :)
  14. K

Need Help finding a 4p Xeon E5 v1/v2 motherboard

I need help finding a motherboard that can handle 4 2011 Xeons. The CPUs I have are ES E7 4640s. I would prefer the price be below $700 Second hand would also be fine.