Search results

1. V

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

Yes, I did some tests myself. Here what I found (see the image). Pin 4 is the discovery contact on the left ear. Pin 8 is unknown.
  2. V

Ah ok. Mine one is the backplane of a DL360p Gen8
  3. V

G8 sff backplane? Which type and code do you have? I just bought a chassis with a 8x sff cage and the backplane has a 10 pin connector not a (double) 8 pin ones like the lff backplane.
  4. V

Anyone use this HP backplanes attached to an HP raid card like P420, P822 on a Proliant server? Which experiences do you have with iLO? Will it monitor drives and manage caddy leds? Or throws warnings of some type because it can't handle correctly the backplane? Thanks a lot
  5. V

Found this article: PMC Supplies RAID-On-Chip Controllers For HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers And Smart Array Adapters Is it useful?
  6. V

I'd like to make a similar thing with a sff gen8 backplane from a DL360. Can you tell me the pinout of power connector? It's a 10 pin, not a 8 pin like the DL380
  7. V

New server configuration

Hi, need some suggestions how to configure my server. I bought a DL380p gen8, I fitted two 2650v2, 192 GB of RAM, 12 SAS disks (3.5 HP 3 TB), HBA H220 to do ZFS and a FLR534 with two 10gb in lacp mode. I thinked about Proxmox against ESXi because it's Debian based, it has containers and has ZFS...