Search results

1. C

FS: Old mix of HBA, RAID, Network, CPUs, RAM, Motherboards, HDD Cages, Cables, and stuff

Picked Up some gear today, Danic was great and transaction was easy.
  2. C

Recycling the heat from server room

Well when you are paying CA prices for energy I would say it is a smart reuse of "heat", "Free" Since it's already been paid for ;)
  3. C

Killing Time

Working longer hours Supporting a Health System working from home, projects have been standing up an Acute Care Clinic, a Drive Thru Testing workflow, and everyone's new favorite Telehealth. Navigating Payer Billing requirements makes learning how to do server design and management look like a...
  4. C

keep getting my ip blocked on the aeon pool

Don't have a config.txt but what algorithm are you using. I came across this problem when I first started because I forgot to specify cryptonight-lite . The miner was choosing cryptonight instead. Might be worth a look.
  5. C

Say Farewell to Putty as Microsoft adds an OpenSSH Client to Windows 10

@T_Minus correct. I have a bash session open all the time on my Windows Workstation at work and it works well. This is how I'm actually mining AEON on that workstation. The only annoyance I have is that network shares do not show up.
  6. C

CPU mining

Compile miner using following instructions for platform. Ubuntu instructions also work for Windows subsystem for linux if on Windows. Home · xmrig/xmrig Wiki · GitHub Run command, substitute pool address, port, and wallet-address in string below. Command below is for AEON ./xmrig -a...
  7. C

ALL SOLD

What form factor are the Crucial M4s?
  8. C

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I will take an invite as well, I have some spare workstation cycles to throw at it.
  9. C

Booting from ZFS: How to Best Handle Swap Space?

ZestyZapus/ReleaseNotes - Ubuntu Wiki newest version = no swap partition
  10. C

SmartOS under ESXi thoughts

Persistence can be had by storing scripts inside of /opt and creating SMF scripts that kick off on boot. hosting iscsi on smartos #!/bin/bash -x #basesseed on: http://superuser.com/questions/386506/hosting-iscsi-on-smartos GROUPNAME=YOURGROUP TARGETNAME=WhateverTargetName(Look to site for...
  11. C

Facebook Problems

Having evacuated any news is welcome, just wish they didn't rely on Facebook to get updated information out when Facebook can't stay up.
  12. C

Western Digital HGST Ultrastar Hs14 Enterprise 14TB Hard Drive Launched

Correct they require Host managed SMR so unless there is an open source implementation then they will be locked to original system.
  13. C

lx zone is buggy

Been running lxzones for a few years now and haven't had issues. What is your set-up, OS (SmartOS, OmniOS, OpenIndiana,etc; lx-image) how have you configured the zone? Are you using napp-it? etc...
  14. C

Securing ipmi over the internet

I second that, OPENVPN to your network and then you can have IPMI from there. If you have your IPMI on a separate vlan then you can probably do some Firewall rules to allow it to one client or something like that.
  15. C

dd clone procedure questions

Carbon Copy Cloner Super Duper Disk Utility Restore Disk Utility for Mac: Restore a disk Please don't use the following... At your own risk.... dd if=/dev/rdisk[whatver disk number] of=/dev/rdisk[whatver disk number]
  16. C

The case against ZFS

While Block Pointer Rewrite is dead, device removal is not and hopefully should be integrated in the future. This is present in the Delphix version and is being cleaned up before being up-streamed. OpenZFS Device Removal | Delphix...
  17. C

ZFSonLinux (aka ZoL) now at version 0.7 - big update imo

Does anyone know if for ubuntu 16.04.2 the upgrade path is to add the PPA or if we should just wait for Canonical to update?
  18. C

Accidentally DD’d first few megs of external hdd

On the Mac side Data Rescue might help. I assume no time machine or iCloud backup
  19. C

Force ashift=12

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) Seems like a question to take up at the zfs IRC. I'm sure they would at least be interested in the topic since as gea said it is a basic VDEV property.
  20. C

Force ashift=12

Another option would be to use an Ubuntu Live CD, install the ZFS Utilities create the pool by forcing ashift=12 then export the pool and import the pool in FreeNAS.