Search results

1. R

Review of White Label 4TB drives

The drives I got have seemingly random firmware; though I did buy a bunch over a period of time instead of at once. I have two or three really fast drives with firmware like HP** or some other four letter combination, while the rest are 01.01XXX firmwares with slightly lower performance in both...
  2. R

It's best to check prices from multiple sources before ordering. Right now, eBay and the goHardDrive website list ~130, but Amazon is currently showing $120.
  3. R

I had another 4TB on order and I asked them to send me an HPG1 if it was possible. Jackie replied saying that they're out of those and all they currently have in stock are 01.01AX1 - which were originally WD4000FYYZ models. That doesn't seem to explain the rather sub-par benchmarks I'm getting...
  4. R

I bought a couple of WL4000GSA6472E drives recently (currently $130), but I ordered them separately a couple weeks apart. It looks like they're mixing different models since I got two two that differ a lot in firmware and benchmarks (using HD Tune Pro on same system and SATA port). They look...