Search results

1. R

4TB HGST SAS Hard Drives - $8

Those drives are immortal. But keep in mind that noise is on another level. I sold 6 of them to the guy who thought they were damaged during shipping because of noise and clicking sound they were making.
  2. R

EU ebay.de HP DL360 G9 2x2690 V3, no ram, 4xLFF, €149 + 22% off code + additional €11.60 (if ship to Germany)

It seems that 22% off is only on ebay.de site and code RESTORE24 is active only for shipping to Germany. Although RESTORE24 code should be €14.90 off, in the cart it's showing €11.62 :/
  3. R

EU ebay.de HP DL360 G9 2x2690 V3, no ram, 4xLFF, €149 + 22% off code + additional €11.60 (if ship to Germany)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/134457791663 Not sure about how good is this one. Seller piospartslap has great reputation afaik (please correct me if I'm wrong). Don't forget to include code PIOFNJ2024 for 22% off (It should be added automatically, check just to be sure)/ There is additional voucher...
  4. R

A reseller like GoHardDrive or ServerPartDeals in EU?

Be cautious of purchasing used drives from iuppiterbv. Their evaluation for SSDs is somehow flawed (or I'm ignorant and it's completely fine). I purchased 8 pieces of PM863a drives with 70% - 79% health by their description. That numbers are not wearout, but output from "Genesis", I have no idea...
  5. R

[FS] [US-MA] NetApp DS 4246 & DS 4243 Disk Shelves 24x4TB SAS (96TB Total)

Empty DS4243 with 2 PSUs is drawing ~50W (depents on which version of PSU you have) idle. It also depends on how many IOMs and PSUs you have installed\plugged in. Minimum is 2 PSUs installed, for 24x SATA drives, but 1 plugged to the wall. Second PSU will only run for airflow. More info here...
  6. R

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

It's again on the sale, now 50% off. It looks like it's on backorder though...not sure what that means :) https://www.seeedstudio.com/reServer-X86-i3-A1125-p-5050.html
  7. R

[EU] UK deal JOBLOT - HP Proliant DL360 Gen9 SFF

I'll think I'll pass on that, postage is a little bit on the high side.
  8. R

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

Does P520 accept 22110 (11cm long) m.2 nvme drives on motherboard slots? I see there is a bump for the other m.2 sizes but I could not find specs anywhere.
  9. R

Great! So bifurcation question solved :) How much power it draws in idle? Is it possible to use consumer cpu fan? I saw some people complaining about noise. How fast is booting to desktop?
  10. R

The thing is I'll be using that workstation as my main PC with Win 10 on it so no zfs. I just wanted basic redundancy for my data. I couldn't find any info on bifurcation in manual/datasheet. It says, that it will work on x299/z370 chipsets, however P520 is C422, not sure about that. I saw...
  11. R

I finally found it for reasonable price in EU. I saw that it supports Intel VROC, but I'm not paying 200 bucks for that key. How will it behave if I put 4 nvmes into the Asus Hyper M.2 Card without VROC key installed?
  12. R

PM863a health status?

Thanks to you all for your insight. I returned the drives :) Found a local seller who is selling unused 2tb MX500 drives quite cheap along with 2tb Crucial P2 nvme for same price. Now I need to decide if I want to use hw raid or vroc.
  13. R

PM863a health status?

Thanks a lot for tips/insight. In the end I'll be returning drives as I wanted to use them as standalone drives in my daily drivers + boot drives and would not trust them enough.
  14. R

PM863a health status?

"Have you considered that GUI could have been written for HDDs in mind?" - That's what I was thinking. Smartctl -a output attached.
  15. R

PM863a health status?

I won auction for 8 1.92tb PM863a drives. They were advertised as "at 70% health". I assumed that would be indicator of TBW. All of them are showing #5 Reallocated Sector Count non zero values. I assume that's all right for those drives as they are in the ballpark of 20-50 and #180 Unused...
  16. R

PM863 FW File

Thanks, I can confirm, that it works on PM863a 1.92tb with firmware GXT5204Q and reports correctly as GXT5404Q after fw upgrade.
  17. R

PM863 FW File

Will this FW work for other capacities than 3.84?
  18. R

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

GPU works fine through Proxmox. Otherwise I did not have any direct output. BUT In the chapter 5 - Graphics cards in the product guide is stated: "The high end optional NVIDIA Quadro P400 graphic card offers triple head operation and full 3D video support. The cables kit is not included. It is...