Search results

1. L

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Oh, and you'll want an EFM_SX gen 2 license with options 53, 51, and 58 set to true. You can add 54/#ports if you want gateway ports. And a RESTRICTED_CMDS_GEN2 gen 2 license w/o any options to get _shell.
  2. L

Would you believe me if I said the password was in the genlicense binary & obfuscated with ROT-13 (for alpha characters) & ROT-5 (for numeric characters)? That would be crazy, right? Not saying that it is... Just run strings and look for Mellanox autosupport, maybe they can be helpful ;)
  3. L

I grabbed these from eBay to get to 1Gb Ethernet for a few ports: - HP 655874-B21 HP 655902-001 @ $12/ea - any GLC-T compatible SFP @ $10/ea
  4. L

I read the EEPROM to a file using dd, ran the script as ./foo.sh inputFile outputFile, and then wrote the new image back again using dd. I'm not sure I have the exact commands saved anywhere.
  5. L

See https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/beware-of-emc-switches-sold-as-mellanox-sx6xxx-on-ebay.10786/post-287882
  6. L

Yes, you can find the FRU info in one of the EEPROMs. The shell script posted by @SGS does the rest.
  7. L

Okay, many thanks are in order here. @mpogr for the initial guide and inducing me to lighten my wallet a few hundred bucks @nbritton for details on transferring and running the manufacture script @nasbdh9 for the shortened version path @SGS for conversion tips and tricks Things I learned...
  8. L

[Solved] Mellanox SX6012 u-boot password removal without bash access?

I'm in the exact same boat as you. See https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/beware-of-emc-switches-sold-as-mellanox-sx6xxx-on-ebay.10786/post-309240 for access to the shell
  9. L

I'm working on an EMC SX6012 that I got off eBay. The hardware might be partially dead as show asic-version and show inv don't give anything. Anyway, I ended up stuck with 2x MLNX-OS images loaded with neither working or able to unlock the bootloader & one of them locked the bootloader. I...