Search results

1. G

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

I can confirm bifurcation working on the X9DRi-LN4F+ with two Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 cards and four SSDs. You have to download the latest BIOS version 3.4 for that though, and carefully check which slots you are populating, and set X4X4 in the BIOS accordingly.
  2. G

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

Looks like they did indeed change the specs to 800 TBW, not sure how long the drives I bought before that will be expected to last... Might have to talk to them about that. For another system I bought Teamgroup MP34 1TB drives, they still advertise 1660 TBW for these...
  3. G

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

I was unable to get bifurcation working on the X9DRL-iF on BIOS 3.3 (regardless of booting Legacy or UEFI), and there are no newer BIOS versions available. OTOH I was able to get bifurcation working on the X9DRi-LN4F+ after flashing BIOS 3.4.
  4. G

X9DRL-iF anyone had success bifurcating?

I tried everything, but was unable to get bifurcation working on the X9DRL-iF with Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 cards inserted into the X8 slots and set to X4X4 in the BIOS. Regardless of booting legacy of UEFI, the bifurcation setting did not do anything in BIOS version 3.3, Linux only saw a single...
  5. G

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

I have recently bought four 1TB Silicon Power P34A80 SSDs, their endurance is listed as 1665 TBW, with a 5 year warranty. I am not entirely sure how they manage to offer almost 3x the endurance as similar 1TB TLC drives, but there you have it...