Search results

1. Q

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I have the Topton Mini PC with the 1135G7 Intel CPU and I came up a nice trick to reduce the temperature. Apart from adding a (ghetto) USB fan on the top I also removed the front and back panels to increase the airflow (and dust) inside the unit. Previously with just the fan the NVME drive would...
  2. Q

Hello, I am trying to find out how to use the serial console. I am on Windows 10 and when I connect an ethernet cable to the com port and my PC nothing seems to happen. I enabled showing hidden devices in device manager but no COM ports show up. Any help please?
  3. Q

I had an issue where if I assigned all the RAM to the single VM that I planned to run originally. It would crash when running qm start.
  4. Q

I have a rather interesting problem which I am sure has a perfectly reasonable explanation (not). So basically I have a Topton but with the i1135G7 and the i225V 4 port ethernet. My problem is that if I passthrough port 1 or 4 (enp2s0, enp5s0) to a proxmox VM it fails with a message "Can't go...
  5. Q

With that said let me say thanks to everyone here who helped me not have a ~300euro brick on my desk :p
  6. Q

Cheers man, I figured it out in the end. I don't know if you noticed my edit. It had to do with the memory. I had assigned all the memory (16GB out of 16GB) to the VM and when I added the NIC pass through the host crashed soon after booting. Because I had it set to auto start at boot this meant...
  7. Q

Thanks for this it renewed my hope that it can be fixed. Turns out that the problem starts when I passthrough a NIC as a PCI device in the OPNsense VM. Don't know what's going on there. Changing the kernel and updating the microcode probably didn't make a difference. Update: From various...
  8. Q

My motherboard has GF-1449NP(i5-1135G7)-12 Ver 1.1 written on it and I am having issues with Proxmox. Another user (@bndr) had similar issues with it. The device works the first time you install proxmox and after power cycling it restarts every couple of minutes. You can boot into recovery mode...
  9. Q

I got the Topton miniPC with 4 ports and an additional COM port with an Intel i5-1135G7and I have installed Proxmox on it. It works perfectly the first time you boot it (now that I got a massive USB Noctua fan on top of it) but if you powercycle it just starts restarting after a couple of...
  10. Q

Topton i5 1135G7 Mini PC

Hmm I got this unit and first thing I did was to replace the thermal paste and I have also ordered a USB 5V Noctua fan. I installed Proxmox on it and it keeps restarting every few minutes. This is persistent even after starting from cold. The problem is that even the login screen seems like it...
  11. Q

Mini PC proxmox + pfsense

I am in a very similar boat. Trying to find something that will be good enough to run OPNSense with 4 ethernet ports (Intel preferably).
  12. Q

Recommend me a EE-ATX chassis

Nope no drilling no nothing. As I said if you have the space for the case then an added bonus is that you can fit a ridiculous amount of drives inside and it is very modular so you can modify the case to your needs. The only thing that I had a bit of trouble with and haven't been bothered to fix...
  13. Q

Recommend me a EE-ATX chassis

Hi, If you are interested in a tower, you can fit EE-ATX motherboard easily on a Fractal Design Define 7 XL (Speaking from experience), It is massive though.