Search results

1. S

EU WTB: Supermicro AOC-2UR68-i2XS or -i4G

I currently have an AOC-2UR6-i4XT in my home server, which only has 1x x8 and 1x x16 slot. The latter one has connectivity issues at the first 4 lanes - i.e. the first slot on 3 different quad-NVMe carriers is always dead while they all work fine in other x16 slots. I also don't need/want 10GbE...
  2. S

E5 v3 -> v4 upgrade - idle power draw of -L and non-L variants?

Thanks to the prices for used hardware being somewhat "normal" again, I'm back to looking into upgrading the E5-2630L v3 CPUs in my main homelab server to v4s. The 2560s are available at a bargain now (~50EUR/pc), and hence seem to offer a very cheap upgrade path to broadwell while also...
  3. S

1U chassis with front I/O

Hi, I need to put together 2 small(ish) routers on a budget. The systems will be put together from hardware that's still mostly lying around, which are Supermicro X10 microATX boards /w Xeon E3-1265Lv3 and Intel X520 NICs. So now I'm looking for a suitable 19" 1U case for (micro)ATX boards...
  4. S

C3750x replacement for home network/lab (ICX6610?)

Hi, I'm once again looking into replacing my trusty old catalyst 3750X-24P-S at home. The 1G ports are currently almost fully occupied and for 10G I'm temporarily back to using only the 2 ports of the C3KX-NM-10G module because the mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN unfortunately IMHO is total crap...
  5. S

Hardware for _TINY_ ESXI deployment

We need a small (and inexpensive) hardware platform for a very tiny ESXi deployment for 2 small appliances: One is essentially only a VPN gateway for a mobile/cloud application for our phone system, the other is a phonebook integration, reading phonebook data from our customer database twice per...