Search results

1. joeribl

Upgrade Existing Win 2019 Std License + CALs to 2022?

Seems ou can upgrade for free to Windows 2022: Redirecting CALs are not connected to a version if I seem to remember correctly.
  2. joeribl

UK Invalid Post

Looks like a rebranded Supermicro server, with a X11SSH-LN4F mainboard. But i guess you pay for a Storage Appliance and it's special software.
  3. joeribl

10g Network cards with sfp+ PCIe4/5

No they are x8. The E810-XXVDA2 is dual port. However technically it is possible to run them on a 4x Slot, if you have an open ended one, or there are mainboard which have a physical x8 slot, with x4 connection.
  4. joeribl

10g Network cards with sfp+ PCIe4/5

The Intel 800 series is 25/10Gbit and PCIe 4.0. its SFP28. No need for PCIe 5 bandwidth wise.
  5. joeribl

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Congratulations, nice work. Shouldn't you be posting this in https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/project-tinyminimicro-reviving-small-corporate-desktops.29075/ or https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/tiny-mini-micro-pc-experiences.30230/ as this topic is exclusively...
  6. joeribl

[ The 9500T should work, it is listed in the spec sheet. Are you sure the CPU you bought actually works?
  7. joeribl

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

No free return on the order?
  8. joeribl

If you want to fry your mainboard... You need to use the appropriate Lenovo partnumber.
  9. joeribl

This is just a Gigabit adapter no? Sonnet has a 10 Gbit one: Solo10G (10GBASE-T 10Gb Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter) - SONNETTECH but it is a little bit more expensive.
  10. joeribl

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

If anybody is searching for HP brackets: https://www.electromyne.de/Accessories---Zubehoer-I-O-Shields---Blenden-Supermicro-BKT-0064L-Standard-Full-Height-Slot-Bracket-Blech-Blende-AOC-STG-B4S.html They covered me 2,99 euro for shipping to the Netherlands.
  11. joeribl

I contacted them this afternoon. They send me a link for version 9.00.
  12. joeribl

Yes, my Ubuntu was also complaining about the NVVM being to old. I havent updated it yet. I saw on the Supermicro website, that you should contact support for an updated version. So i will do that, just to see if they have any additional comments.
  13. joeribl

Intel X550-T2 vs. X710-DA2

These are sold out. But yeah they run cool. According to Supermicro typical use 4 Watt, max 8 watt.
  14. joeribl

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

If i open the link, the SFP module is 3 euro. The card is 26.
  15. joeribl

Mine arrived today. But haven't had time to test them yet. Update: i did a quick test. Seem to be detected OK in Linux. And with an iPolex Intel coded SFP module was able to get a 10 Gb link with an Horaco switch.
  16. joeribl

Thanks, i managed to grab a couple too.
  17. joeribl

There is the Tiny 5 - 35watt aluminium heatsink and the copper 65watt heatsink. Since the Pentium (non-T) is a 58 watt model, I would assume it comes with the correct heatsink for 65 watt. Also don't forget the 65 watt PSU of the 720q might not cut it. The 920x comes with a bigger one.
  18. joeribl

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Nope, Udimm ECC or non ECC. Maybe you should check out the spec sheet: https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publications/public/ds-py-tx1320-m3.pdf
  19. joeribl

Low-cost NICGIGA 10GbE SFP+ adapter (X520-DA1)

And also the lack of ASPM support. Which is bugged and so disabled by Intel.
  20. joeribl

Low-cost NICGIGA 10GbE SFP+ adapter (X520-DA1)

10Gtek is also selling a card based on Intel 82599 on Amazon, for 48 Euro (or less sometimes)