Search results

1. T_Minus

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

That penalty has to be such a small amount of data it's irrelevant.. the real loss when using SATA is the additional functionality\options\etc SAS drives provide... which may not even be useful for people here depending what they're doing. I only have SAS HDD because they were cheaper, I would...
  2. T_Minus

ZFS SLOG/ZIL drives in 2023

Someone did a thread here comparing them to optane it was faster but not OMG faster like Optane itself is.
  3. T_Minus

From thought to hardware: How do you did it?

NAILED IT! :cool:
  4. T_Minus

From thought to hardware: How do you did it?

I think this is usually different for everyone... some need low power, some need low price, some need to re-use what they have, some need 100Gbit and very high-end hardware to simulate their work environment non-virutalized... others will virtualise and learn\test...
  5. T_Minus

Intel 15.36TB U.2 NVMe SSDs for $895 OBO New

That's still 3TB a day :oops:
  6. T_Minus

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Still deleted, odd. YOu should see "ATTACH FILES" to the forum though?
  7. T_Minus

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Deleted The transfer you requested has been deleted.
  8. T_Minus

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

With these used drive deals becoming more common the last few years in capacities everyone wants and a lot of people jumping on these.. including myself at a couple points in the last 2 years. My question... how many are mixing these "refurb" drives with new drives or used personal drives you...
  9. T_Minus

Slowdown over time of Crucial P3 SSD (vs Intel P4610)

The workload is unlikely to actually be 100% READ though... so a mixed workload, a consumer SSD and a low-end version at that... not unexpected.
  10. T_Minus

what nas drive types bottleneck at which ethernet speeds?

The problem is "What combination of drives saturate X" is the wrong question. Your question at it's simplest form can be answered by looking at drive specifications, drive reviews (in steady-state) on various sites, and then doing basic math... yet the answer to this is no good because SO MUCH...
  11. T_Minus

Canada [WTB][CA] 32gb DDR4 ECC Rdimms

I sold most of mine, may be able to find some stragglers -- how many is some?
  12. T_Minus

Double wan router

Yeah, and with that said it's still super useful and works great for 2x WAN :) In my house I use one WAN for TV\Streaming\Browsing, and then one for low-latency \ me LOL
  13. T_Minus

miniPC for pfSense

I have a Protectli device I purchased in 2016. It's been running pfsense since 2016 24\7 non-stop, and been run through dozens of power outages\surges, as well as on generator power for 100hs of hours... 0 issues. BUT, I run it through a battery backup unit the entire time too. I paid around...
  14. T_Minus

Will it work? Epyc 7F72 + 25 NVMe's

I'm enjoying the contrast of the current builds... one person going for xLanes per nvme device, and the other cramming all 24 into one HBA :eek: both with unique additional problems :) :) Thanks for never making it dull around here everyone :D :D
  15. T_Minus

How to connect 24 * Intel P4510 to the Broadcom 9600-24i HBA.

Why do you want 24x NVME if you're only going to use 1 HBA? Why not 20x SATA and then 4x NVME? WAY less power needs, way easier to connect, way cheaper to connect. Go with a supermicro SC216 with the 20+4 backplane, no DIY hacking together, no adding desktop PSU. The CX3701 does not have the...
  16. T_Minus

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

Yep, return it! IT was DOA. Only if listed for "PARTS NOT WORKING" and description matches. Item can't be marked "PARTS NOT WORKING" and then description says "Working pull from server".. you can return that, and ebay guarantee covers that too.
  17. T_Minus

item arrived DOA, return it... I dont recall that being listed as "For parts not working"... was it ?
  18. T_Minus

Proof of purchase? On this old thing, sorry we don't have those records... what can you do for me? ;) Sounds like they're from a system that shorted or got over powered and everything is questionable... good seller though! That's great.
  19. T_Minus

FS:Supermicro X11SCL-F with cpu,RAM

wish it was itx !! should sell quick though :)