Search results

1. Deci

threadripper workstation boards

Is anyone aware of any upcoming threadripper motherboards (x399?) that are aimed at actually being a serious business workstation board? (32/64gb ecc dimm verification/support (for 256gb/512gb), one/two 10gbit ethernet/sfp+ ports, IPMI, no stupid RGB LEDs all over the thing) It seems to have...
  2. Deci

Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 wont boot/install server 2016?

I have 2x systems with gigabyte MZ31-AR0 motherboards (Epyc) and i am trying to install server 2016 onto them, however if you boot off of server 2016 media (virtually mounted via ipmi or physically connected via a sata DVD drive) it sits on the windows logo you get as the setup is loading in the...
  3. Deci

LSI 9361 bios

I have a few LSI 9362-8i (NEC OEM version of the 9361-8i) that i am trying to get cachecade 2.0 working on. I have the LSI hardware license keys (LSI00290), but they display an error that the hardware license key is incorrect for that model of card, however i cant find any hardware license key...
  4. Deci

10GBE + 2x M.2 on a single card?

Dual M.2 2280 PCIe SSD & single-port 10GbE expansion card qnap have decided this needs to exist so they can use a single slot in their nas units to provide both SSD drives for caching and 10GBE networking. its only got a 4x connector so performance has to be limited somewhere and i cant see any...
  5. Deci

a not so high density storage server

I had a thread in the HDD section but here is probably a better fit at this point. Operating System/ Storage Platform: likely end up on solaris 11.2/nappit or omnios/nappit CPU: Xeon e5-1620v3 Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRH-CF Chassis: 3x supermicro 24 drive (846 series) 4U + 1x supermicro (216...
  6. Deci

Storinator 30/45/60 drive chassis

Storinator™ line of Ultra-Large, Direct-Wired storage pods Now they have the direct connect version (instead of the old sata expander version) a couple of SAS cards and expanders (instead of their rocket cards which arent super performance orientated) could make for a fast high density...
  7. Deci

IO performance

As is the thing to do at 3am, i have been pondering the differences in IO performance be between the following setups, everything else being equal between the setups (for a VM store). 30x 3/4tb 3.5" 7200rpm capable of ~170MB/s (15x mirror vdev) 66x 1tb 2.5" 5400rpm capable of ~105MB/s (11x 6...
  8. Deci

Fusion Iodrive2

Does anyone have the software/drivers for windows x64 for the iodrive 2? i have had a bit of a look around with google but everything points back to the fusion io site and they require a support agreement to download anything to do with the iodrive2. I picked one up second hand and am trying to...
  9. Deci

VM storage setup

I am currently looking around and trying to spec up a new solaris/ZFS machine to act as a fiber channel storage server for running the backend storage to ~16 virtual hosts, as this is covering multiple aspects (the main one being disk related) i felt this was the most appropriate place to put...