Search results

1. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Hi - I just bought a fully loaded used HP DL380 G7 from working environment. Now, this system looks brand new, but the problem I notice is when I boot till I launch my OS (Windows Server 2012) the fan noise is the same. I have a DL380 G6 and it is quieter than this machine. I mean the DL380...
  2. J

Need Help with ESXi 5.5 DL380 G6 Storage

I am in need of help, i can't figure this out. I have a HP DL380 G6 for which I installed the custom iso for ESXi using a CD-Rom, everything installed great, no errors, status of health shows all green. I have 3 hard drives in the bays, 500GB, 500GB, and 1 TB. The sensors see the three...
  3. J

Need Help with DL380 G6 to post no Video

Hi - I got my DL380 G6 server today, I plugged in two power suppy cable, plugged in VGA cable to my monitor which has DVI and VGA. I plugged in keyboard/mouse both USB. I booted, the power light is green along with the one on top of it, hear the fans roar, but no video. The PROC1 and PROC2...
  4. J

Will a 2.5 inch 12mm thick drive fit in a DL380 G6?

I've got a Toshiba external hard drive which I found out has a SATA connector, nothing soldered on, I was thinking of opening it and using it as a internal hard drive. Does anyone know if it will fit inside a DL380 G6, it will be 12mm thick? I don't want to open the case and realize it does...
  5. J

L5640 vs E5520 real world electric cost?

Hi - I am trying to decide if I run a home server with just like 2-3 users how much would the electric bill be different between a L5640 and E5520? Would appreciate the quick reply as I bought a Supermicro machine with dual L5640 but am thinking of a DL380 G6 machine with dual E5520 instead...
  6. J

Can I mix and match memory in X8DTU-F ?

Hi - I just bought a X8DTU-F off of eBay with the two L5640 processors. It has 12 slots, can I add like 6 slots of RAM with like PC3-10600R of 8GB and then like 6 slots with 16gb sticks? Would that work fine? Thanks!
  7. J

Need Help Buying 128GB Ram Server Low Power

Hi - I need to buy a server with 128gb ram to install a full suite ERP application for learning purposes. I don't have a separate room to host servers so this is meant for home, am looking for something quiet and less power consuming. I found some old models but I think they will be very power...