Search results

1. C

looking for 10G routing suggestions

Gday all, Not to long ago, i upgraded my home network to 10GbE using the brocade ICX 6450. I need the PoE (24 ports would be fine, but 48 ports was cheaper in purchase...) ports, and i want / need the routing capabilities. Or rather, i love the routing capabilities, as it supposedly routes at...
  2. C

Winload.efi error after hardware migration

Good day all, For roughly 2 years, i been running a dual boot system (work vs private) without any issues. In my machine i have 3 physical disks, 2 of which are M.2 (my private ones) and an 2,5" SSD i added later to create the dual boot. The bootmanager is, as should be, on one of my private...
  3. C

Coral TPU, how to install?

Gday all, Not entirely sure where to place this question. So since its going into my Unraid box, i figured i would post it here. On my unraid i have a VM with ubuntu 20.04LTS. This VM serves as my CCTV server, having Shinobi installed with a GPU passed through for tensorflow object detection...
  4. C

Modern day PSU.... Your solution to a lack of Molex?

Gday all, Recently i was looking for a 4U case with hotswap bays. Basically a case with a proper backplane. Well, i got one... and everything is hooked up. Well, almost everything. Cause, with the ATX PSU's these days, i'm missing a few molex connectors. For the backplane alone i need 4. 1 per...
  5. C

EU WTB 4U Chassis with 16+ hotswap bays

Good day, I'm looking for a new or 2nd hand 4U ATX chassis to replace my intertech case which doesn't have a backplane nor hotswap bays. I would really like it to have a SAS connected backplane so i can reduce the cable clutter. But if the deal is proper, ill take Sata backplane too. I prefer...
  6. C

ECC memory errors / MCE

Gday all, Since about a year orso i have an Asrock Rack Epyc8d-2t with an EPYC 7352 24/48. I use this with 128GB ECC registered memory @2666mhz for my unraid machine. Now, i've had the 'issue' that i keep getting Machine Check Events (corrected memory errors). First i thought it was a...
  7. C

Brocade, how to test if L3 is working?

Good day all, As i can't seem to find an answer with some google and forum searching, i create this post. Not all to long ago i have purchased an brocade ICX 6450-48P. I have finally managed to switch everything over to the brocade so that it can take over the L3 switching from my EdgeRouter...
  8. C

[SOLVED] Switching to Brocade, network interrupts

Gday all, After succesfully purchasing a brocade icx 6350P 48 port. I'm starting to transfer my network over from the linksys LGs3088P. Now, everything initially worked fine, untill i transferred my iTV over. From that moment onward i keep getting random network interrupts on all vlan's. They...
  9. C

Looking for layer3 switch / router, need advice. Found need additional advice.

Good day all, Recently i have found that my ER-12 is not what i thought it to be. Since i'm using it as my router, with a gigabit connection to/from my ISP (via SFP) and internal Vlan routing, i have noticed that its capacity seems to cap at / around 800mb/ps for routing between my Vlan's. This...
  10. C

Unraid Docker service and Shinobi

Good day all, First of all, not entirely sure if this is the proper section. Move if desired. After all my issues with upgrading from the ryzen to the epyc platform, i finally have a stable platform. So ofcourse, since the entire goal from the upgrade was to enable hardware acceleration for...
  11. C

EPYC for multiple usecases (1st vs 2nd gen question)

Good day all, Recently i had purchased an Asrock rack EPYC D8-2T as a replacement for my Ryzen 1700 platform to act as my unraid server. My Unraid server is used in multiple ways, next to NAS, CCTV, VM's (passthrough and headless) and docker 'host', ill also be hosting dedicated game servers on...
  12. C

iTV interruptions since installing Unifi network Controller (IGMP Querrier issue?)

Gday all, I am not entirely sure if to post this in hardware or software. But this seemed most logical as it started (re)happening when i connected hardware. So, i have a semi extensive home network, one might consider a homelab, except that its actually used for day to day networking and not...
  13. C

No post, no dr debug, no beep. Rack EPYC D8-2T w/ EPYC 7282

Good day all, First time here, but no stranger to fora. (got referred from tweakers.net, and been watching a couple video's on youtube from STH). So . . . i'm having an issue. (strange huh?) I bought an Asrock Rack EPYC D8-2T, as its specs look great, i don't really need Gen 4.0 PCI-E so...