Search results

1. Z

How to administer Asus GT-AX11000 when in AP mode?

I just switched my AX11000 into AP mode. I can't seem to figure out how to connect to the admin UI. Previously, I have used router.asus.com:Port to login. I have tried 192.168.1.1:Port to get in too, but that did not work. I scanned the network with arp too, tried that ip address, and that did...
  2. Z

Is an OPNSense discount code available on the forums?

Some of these specialized shops offer coupon codes to forums, like Performance Pcs does for Overclock.net. Are there any coupon codes for the OPNSense shop available here?
  3. Z

I just need a firewall box, right?

Just want to make sure I'm spending my money on the right hardware for my home business. Going to have a crazy amount of computers attached to this eventually, and also want something good for a long time. This can serve as both a router and a firewall, right?
  4. Z

Looking for server rack for quiet operation.

I'm going to have this server in my living space. There's nowhere I can really put it in my apartment to not have loud fans. I found this, which seems perfect; but, that's also crazy expensive. I need at least 15U for two 24 HDD drive bays, two switches, some space between them, and probably a...
  5. Z

Anyone know if BSD Networks' switches are any good?

Figured out I'm going with an OPNSense router. I'm mainly concerned about security, and the BSDs have some of the most secure networking stack. They're almost paranoid about security. Just need to figure out the switch to pair with the router. Right now I'm trying to decide between Juniper and...
  6. Z

Looking for switch reccomendations.

I’m looking to lock down my network by segregating all of my computers in case someone gets in. I had picked up one of these, and found it a bit lacking for the price. Wasn't aware it was ten years old, and the web gui was so lacking. (FireFox 5.0.1 was not fully supported) I'm fine in the...
  7. Z

How to get the fastest possible write and read speeds on Linux?

The work load consists of generating many files as fast as possible on very fast storage, (RAID 0 of nvme drives) and transferring that data to slow storage for long term storage while minimizing the bottleneck. I'm trying to minimize the time limit for the transfers to long term storage. When...