Search results

1. W

Supermicro onboard LSI3008 from IR to IT mode

Thanks after some back and forth I got it to boot up. For those who find this thread later I followed step 4 from this link to make a bootable uefi thumb drive. (you have to create some directories and download the shell.efi file and rename it a few times.)...
  2. W

Supermicro onboard LSI3008 from IR to IT mode

When I try to do this using a DOS bootable drive I get the error "failed to initialize pal" so I want to try UEFI instead but I can't figure out how for the life of me to create a UEFI bootable USB. When I use Rufus it makes me choose an ISO but when I create an ISO using 3 or 4 different...
  3. W

HGST HUSMM1640 Typical Performance?

I just got a HP H240 HBA up and running using this 24" cable. I'm getting these results on a pair of Samsung SAS SSDs. The card reports that it's running at 12Gbps but looks like I'm getting closer to 10. I find it puzzling that the card reports it's capable of 12Gbps but seems to cap out...
  4. W

HP H240 Resurection

This isn't an answer to your question but what max speeds did you see with your working 240? Did you have SSDs or HDDs hooked up?
  5. W

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

So I finally got my card and my SFF-8087 to SFF-8482 cable. Using Crystal Disk Mark running at 32GB sample size I'm getting roughly 1000 MB/s read and 950 MB/s write which translates to 8 and 7.6Gbps respectively. So I'm definitely getting over 6 but not quite to 12. I'm told there's some...
  6. W

Sorry I'm a bit new to all this. My plan was to test it with CrystalDiskMark but you're saying the card should tell me if it's seeing 12Gbps. Do I get to the card's bios the same way as I do my mobo? Is the reporting utility something I need to download? And yeah if not for that one Reddit post...
  7. W

So I made a similar post on r/Datahoarder and someone found this post So I went ahead an ordered a normal SFF-8087 to SFF-8482 and will give it a try. I made sure to get one smaller than 3 feet though in case that does make a difference.
  8. W

I picked up one of these cards planning to use it with a SAS SSD but am finding it impossible to find a cable that supports 12Gbps. I'm beginning to think that one doesn't exist. I found Internal 68 pin Mini SAS (SFF-8087) - 12 GB SAS Drive (SFF-8680) x 4 Which doesn't make sense to me since I...