Search results

1. N

Ubuntu Server & L2ARC on Same Drives

I'm looking for some advice on partitioning a new system with multiple disks for root on ZFS with Ubuntu Server 20.04. This is the hardware I have: 2 x Intel D3-S4610 256 GB SSD 4 x Seagate EXOS 7E8 8TB 32 GB ECC RAM (planning of expanding to 64 GB later) In brief, this is what I tentatively...
  2. N

SLOG/L2ARC in Ubuntu w/Docker File-/Media Server

Thanks again for your input. I guess I just have to get cracking then and then do some testing once I get everything up and running and maybe adjust later. Are there any recommended methods or applications for testing the performance for a system like this?
  3. N

Thanks for your thorough reply! Not so many spare NVMe ports and SATA ports unfortunately. I've got 2 x NVMe ports that I use for the Samsung 970 PROs. I have 2 spare SATA ports, but I plan to use them for future expansion of my HDD pool. Both the Samsung and the Intel drives are, as you...
  4. N

Hello experts. I'm have recently built a server to be used as file-/media server for myself and a few family members. It will be running on Ubuntu Server with ZFS. I will be using Docker to run quite a few services for serving and streaming. Although I have already built the server I am not...