Search results

1. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

I actually got my money and got to keep the motherboard as well. I'm not using it but I figure I'll try to make S3 sleep work somehow. I got the BIOS that Gamers Nexus did the test on this motherboard and it fixed nothing. Was hoping someone found a solution. What's important is that I...
  2. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Got my refund my Alibaba and I don't even need to return the motherboard.
  3. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

If you find one let me know.
  4. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Here's what the seller from Alibaba wrote. Let this be a lesson to others who try to buy one of these motherboards. I asked the seller to supply me a BIOS update that fixed the S3 and hibernate issues. I know he won't.
  5. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

They seem to be going for $350, which is a lot for a 6 core from 2013. I can build a Ryzen 1600 system for nearly the same price, not including used parts off Ebay. I was experimenting with the Chinese motherboard, so it wasn't something I really needed. 2021 is a dead year when it comes to...
  6. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Deer god, hiberate doesn't work either. What in Chinese hell have I gotten myself into? I'm gonna contact the guy I bought it from on Alibaba and see if I can get a refund. I'm not dealing with this.
  7. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Hopefully hibernate isn't a problem. That would suck. I've had problems with brand name motherboards and sleep as well. Is there an improved BIOS for this motherboard?
  8. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

I guess it doesn't just effect Linux then? It can at least hibernate right? I haven't tested this yet since I gotta reinstall Mint. What about overclocking an E5 2689 Xeon? Is that possible on this board?
  9. D

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Anyone able to get S3 sleep working on one of these? I bought one and when I set the bios to S3 the system won't wake up. I'm using Linux Mint 20, and I think S3 even corrupted my drive. Any particular bios that would help or allow me to overclock my Xeon? Here's what it looks like.