Search results

1. G

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Another update on my experiences: * 80mhz on the R730 crossflash is as performant or more performant as 160mhz on the UAP-AC-HD. * 160mhz does work on the R730 crossflashed however some clients (Google Pixels in my testing) have trouble with uploads being capped around 100mbit/s. * I used...
  2. G

I have mine plugged into an ICX7250 with POE and I'm noticing that the LLDP the switch is receiving from the AP does not include any power information which I found odd.
  3. G

Following up here: * Turning off channelfly seems to have resolved the issue with clients disconnecting. * Statically setting the channel to something not overlapping the UAP's 160mhz range has resolved the speed problems between the two. So far the "goodput" on the UAP-AC-HD with 160mhz...
  4. G

I've got a copy of openspeedtest running internally; I pushed a long running test and have kept an eye on association time.
  5. G

I did; I'll try turning off smart select / ChannelFly. Somewhat related: I did note that while running a speed test on a client while it was still connected to the R730 that the Ubiquiti SSID throughput collapsed. This was with 80mhz channels and the Solo firmware. I suspect that the issue here...
  6. G

So, I've gotten an R730 but I'm having trouble with the 5ghz radio dropping clients. I haven't crossflashed; I'm just running the latest available Solo firmware. Any suggestions on what to look for in the support info text? Both clients get disassociated at the same time but the log tab in the...
  7. G

I've got one on the way; we'll see what happens!
  8. G

I haven't actually got one running yet, some of my long term decisions will be based on what exactly those unspecified issues are. I was hoping anyone here could enumerate their own experiences and name specific issues and problems so I know what to expect.
  9. G

Is anyone running 160mhz channels on their cross flashed R730? If so, any problems?
  10. G

Solarflare X2522-10G Low Profile Dual 10Gb SFP+ Network Card ~ $75 + $25 shipping - GBP 59.99

They've opensourced a lot of their work into the open onload userspace networking stack which can wrap most applications and provide significant latency and processing improvements. I've built it and used it with some CX-4s to good effect.
  11. G

Ceph blustore over RDMA performance gain

New info on Ceph's upcoming datastore architecture but no mention of RDMA here: Crimson: Next-generation Ceph OSD for Multi-core Scalability - Ceph
  12. G

PCIE 4.0 U.2 Adapter

Found the below which meet my needs: PCIe x4 Gen4 with ReDriver to OCulink 4i Host Bus Adapter & OCulink 4i to U.2 Cable/100cm & U.2 (SFF-8639) to Gen-Z 1C (EDSFF) Adapter KIT - Newegg.com M.2 PCIe Gen 4 with ReDriver to SFF-TA-1020 1C (EDSFF) & Gen-Z 1C to U.2 (SFF-8639) Cable, 100 cm KIT -...
  13. G

PCIE 4.0 U.2 Adapter

I've been able to find quite a few PCIE 3.0 caddys and adapters; has anyone seen any similar products for 4.0 drives? Is the wiring in something like StarTech.com U.2 to PCIe Adapter for 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD - x4 PCI Express 3.0 Model PEX4SFF8639 - Newegg.com or StarTech.com x4 PCI Express to...
  14. G

libvma with cephadm osds?

Anyone gotten this working? I'm able to inject the library but when I modify the unit file the OSD never connects to the cluster.
  15. G

Distributed compilation with networked storage

I think Bazel will do this but it's not trivial to set up. Distributed Builds | Bazel
  16. G

Proxmox shared pass through Quadro to multiple VM

Let us know how it turns out; I'm quite interested in your results!
  17. G

StarWind NVMEof Initiator

Has anyone used it? Any thoughts? I'm looking to try it out in my home lab; everything is connected up with CX4-LXs and I've proved out NVMEof with zvol backing from a Linux guest but now I'd like to add some physical windows boxes with targets on my storage infrastructure. Other notes: they...
  18. G

Mounting Ceph file system on Linux and windows using ceph dokan

Check the ACLs on the file from the linux host; they may need to be adjusted. Further check that the user you're connecting to the cluster with has rw access to the filesystem.
  19. G

Stop Leaving Performance on the Table with AWS EC2 M6i Instances

Thanks for putting this together; I'd love to see follow ups on QAT, or NIC offloads (TLS/IPsec on the Connect-x series come to mind); any AMD options would also be great! While I realize these follow ups would by necessity preclude most cloud options it'd be interesting to see what performance...
  20. G

5G Cellular and pfSense

Honestly open to anything, but while I've done a lot over the years cellular WAN is something I've stayed away from. If you have any suggestions for bridgemode radios with ethernet interfaces that'd be great as well.