Search results

1. nihonjin

EU [WTB] SAS2 16e controller with 4 cables

If you have one getting dust in a box... I'm in need of one (cheap if possible ;)) Shipping to spain.
  2. nihonjin

Looking for a kind soul with HPE Storever support active account

Looking for the MSL2024's v7.90 firmware since downloading it from the HPE site, require a support contract that I do not have. I wonder if a kind soul could download and share it here. Thanks in advance.
  3. nihonjin

Anyone knows wich model is this supermicro chassis?

Want to sell it but I don't even know which model it is (no labels):
  4. nihonjin

Trying to "rebrand" an Intel S2600CW from a Kontron server

Story as short as possible: sold this board (without the case) that came from a Kontron server, user flashed it with Intel's official firmware but the fan control never worked well. Then decided to be a kind boy and swaped the board for another server I got time ago. Now that I have the board...
  5. nihonjin

EU [WTB] 2x Xeon E5 2600 V4 processors

Looking a couple of E5 V4s with 2400MHz support (2695 would be perfect) and of course... on the cheap side. Would love to trade something from my thread's sale for them. Could be interested in an EATX supermicro board too. For a trade would be interested in a different platform as well...
  6. nihonjin

Help unlocking/erasing Toshiba/Kioxia KHK6XLSE1T92 SSD drives

Have several of those SSDs from no longer aviable PureStorage server that are security locked, from which I do not need the data and I am incapable to unlock. I am going to attach photos so you can see, but hdparm doesn't work nor sedutil so... I'm looking for help or the the fiwmware (maybe an...
  7. nihonjin

Looking for info about HP PSUs DPS-1200FB A / PN 438202-002

Today just got a couple of those PSUs and wasn't able to find any reliable info about them. Other DPS-1200FB part numbers (I do have several 748283-201 platinum PSUs) out there are platinum PSUs, but couldn't find anything about those. Anyone know anything about them? are they silent? silver...
  8. nihonjin

HPE MSL LTO firmwares help

Edit: Found few links to download over the net: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mytph41zfjwdhgy/HP_MSL_Tape.zip https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-fjvG4FufcZFVC_i-z7HVl46N-yw4VVO https://disk.yandex.ru/d/eFzI-6PEJf0_4g tested over different LTO drives, working fine
  9. nihonjin

ST4000NM0043 offline after interrupted 512b format

Anyone knows how to spin up drives after this issue? tried with TTL communication with no luck. They are detected but with no drive name
  10. nihonjin

Cisco UCSC RAID SAS 2008M-8i not getting any it firmware...

Cisco 74-10149-01 This card is giving me headache. No problem cleaning sbr and flash with megarec, but it doesn't want to get programed with any firmware I've tried so far. Always gives "failed to validate mfg page 2" or another error I don't remember now... Done: megarec -writesbr 0...
  11. nihonjin

Quantum scalar i50... service menu???

Have this library that due to not securing the hand in the shipping, I had to take it apart and mount it again. Everything is fine and nothing got broken, but can't get it working because it seems that the library don't know in which possition the hand is. Since in offline mode can't move...
  12. nihonjin

STH suscription not working... at least for me

@Patrick Wanted to register another email for the newsletter and...
  13. nihonjin

delete

delete
  14. nihonjin

Asrock Rack D2143D8UM last EFI/BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware files

Have this board with the launch version of both (1.00) and I'm having some issues with booting in a setup with SAS expander, RAM speed and don't remember now what else, but it's being a pain. Could anyone (please) with partner access share the last files aviable for this board? thanks a lot...
  15. nihonjin

Chembro RM238 and RM14604 front panel header pinout help

Well I have this two chembro's cases and wanted to replace the motherboards that came with them so I needed to modify the pin headers to match the new boards connectors. I think I did it well, but since my head ins't as bright as it should be (no much difference than normal working condition but...
  16. nihonjin

Recycling a fujitsu primergy SAS3 backpanel

I'm wondering if it'll work in a non-fujitsu server and before I throw it to ebay, I wanted to give it a try. I think it'll work fine, but dunno for sure if the power connector is 12v standard (it looks like it is), could anyone confirm me if it is? thanks Photo: (check out the awesome paint...
  17. nihonjin

Intel G97168-201 any info about this card?

I saw this controller at ebay but couldn't find any info about it whatsoever, anyone knows if it is 3008 chipset based? or if it could be flashed?
  18. nihonjin

Enclosure with 2x Broadcom SAS3x28R expanders, dual link?

Hello, I've got an AIC J3016-01-03X with dual expanders and I wonder if anyone knows if dual link is possible with those. Will I need 2 controllers? or with one would do the trick. Before I do start the adventure of buying cables, would be great to know. Some photos (mine doesn't have BMC)
  19. nihonjin

Anything good to do with a couple of SATADOM 2GB SATAII?

I have a couple arround here and dunno what to do with them. I've been wondering if they would still be good for Promox or ESXI. What do you think?
  20. nihonjin

Win ZFS driver

I'm thinking about making some changes on how my homelab will work, and I wondered if any of you have experience with the windows ZFS driver (ZFSin), how does it works? any issue with it? bad performance?