Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I do have replaced the power supply but there is still this error and the device on a bootloop... Mr. Google doesn't seem to know how to get rid of this. If you have any hints, let me know, please.
  2. D

Hi! During configuration of my new ICX6610 I do get the following error: The device is on a bootloop... The led of the power supply is on but the fan is still 'spinning'!? As there is the message 'No FANTRAY fan present' I assume there is something wrong with the fan... Is this correct? And...
  3. D

That is what I'm doing right now. I'm about to go to 10Gb and my pfSense-box does not have 10Gb nics. By having to use another router/switch I'm also thinking about using an ICX6610-24p and 40Gb,There is just this little problem with a lot of watts being needed and a difficult task to get this...
  4. D

Yes, the 6450 will not support VRF... Is there another way to solve this? If not, I will have to wait until an ICX7250-24p is within my budget...
  5. D

As much as I know I do need a separate gateway for each vlan as there are different wan-gateways/purposes for each vlan. #1 gateway vlan 71 -> default gateway wan #2 gateway vlan 72 -> vpn #3 gateway vlan 73 -> vpn-streaming #4 gateway vlan 74 -> vpn-work Having vlan99/ve99 for all four vlans...
  6. D

Hi! I've got myself the Brocade ICX-6450-48P and think that I do have lost myself during configuration... At least I'm missing something and ask for your help. What am I trying to achieve: I do have configured four gateways and four vlans at a pfSense-firewall. I specified a specific gateway...
  7. D

@EngineerNate @Vesalius Thank you very much for your help!!
  8. D

Hi EngineerNate, I read the first post already. This is why I decided to go for the ICX-7250-48p. Reading: ... medium beef 24/48 1gbE copper (PoE available) 8x 10gbE SFP+ ... I would expect all eight ports to run at 10Gb. According to the datasheet the ports are upgradable... OK, there seems...
  9. D

Hi, I'm looking for a L3 switch and have been told to have a look at Brocade ICX. I'm interested in an ICX7250-48p for my homelab. As I do need SFP+ 10Gb ports, I would like to have all the eight ports available with 10Gb. I used Mr. Google and saw an item ' 8X10G-LIC-POD' that I have to use...
  10. D

FS L3 switch - S5860-20SQ

Hi LodeRunner! I'm living in Germany. The Cisco switches I found at Ebay are mostly shipped from the US etc. Too expensive and takes too much time to get here. Therefore I searched for alternatives. At the moment I'm using nine 10G interfaces. I will have a look at the Brocade/ICX thread...
  11. D

FS L3 switch - S5860-20SQ

Hi, I'm trying to get my homelab up and running. As I'm using just L2 switches at the moment, the routing is done by an OPNsense firewall. As I'm having different vlans and 10Gb connections set up, I would like to use a L3 switch to handle this inter-vlan-routing. My switches are Unifi...