Search results

1. 5

Toshiba MK1001TRKB - HP equivalent

Hi Guys Just has a HP 1tb SAS drive fail - replaced it with a Toshiba MK10014TRKB with no rebuild issues or wining from the server, which was awesome. I however have a warning regarding the firmware version Firmware version :- 1003 - Recommended minimum version: HPD5 As this is a HP firmware...
  2. 5

Looking to Source extra ram / cpu for HP ML350g6

Hi Guys Looking to source some ram and a second CPU for the server of an organisation that I volunteer for. The server is a HP ML350G6 and has a single E5504 (2ghz) in and 4gb of Ram (2x 2gb ecc) Looking to add around 32gb of ram and ideally a second CPU, but need the fans / shroud and...
  3. 5

New HTPC build

Hi Guys I'm pondering over building a new HTPC for Mediaportal (long time user and previous testing team member prior to moving to OZ) I currently have a 4gb athlon x2 running 2x raid0 arrays (1tb each 2x 500gb hitachi drives per array) Its running windows 7 nicely (surprisingly!) but i'm...
  4. 5

Pliant SAS SSD - Failed firmware update

HI Guys One of the issues I encountered with my asrock c226ws problems was a failed firmware update to one of my pliant SSD's (HP Branded) its a MO0800FBRWD - 800gb MLC drive. The computer failed to restart and seemed to screw the firmware update up, the other disk managed to recover (I have 2...
  5. 5

HP P822 - Degraded array isnt available

Hi Guys Running the above card with 12x drives in raid 6 in a white box and have been chasing some intermittent degraded performance - reads and writes sometimes as low as 250mb/s but sometimes as high as 2500mb/s so i was wondering if a drive was on the go slow or had some wierd power saving...
  6. 5

2011 board compatible with ES chips

Following on from my interesting times with the Asrock 1150 board, i'm thinking of utilising it or its replacement elsewhere and maybe look for a dual cpu board for my workstation instead. I have a pair of 2011 ivy bridge engineering samples QE5F chips.. and was wondering what boards would be...
  7. 5

Long shot - Issues with Asrock Rack C226ws

Hi guys Bit of a long shot but just canvassing some opinions on an issue I am having with the above board as part of my recent build. I have contacted Asrock Rack, but have not heard back yet System is:- Asrock Rack C226ws Motherboard Xeon E3 1280V3 Coolermaster Hyper 612 cooler 32gb ECC...
  8. 5

Drop in Performance - HP P822

Hi All Looking for some expert opinions.. I have a HP P822 hooked up to 12 hitachi Ultrastars, while testing the system prior to using it full time I was getting some very fast benchmarks with 8x disks running (I was waiting for some 8088 to 8088 cables to arrive for the external to internal...
  9. 5

Wiring Advice

Hi Guys Just looking for some thoughts.. This kind of sits between hard drives / raid cards and workstations to I put it in here.. I am in the process of wiring my workstation up I have 12x spinners 4x SSD. To keep things tidy I have got a heap of sata and molex connectors to modify the PSU...
  10. 5

Rank Tracking - Who do you use?

Hi Guys Possibly not one for here but as you are all so helpful I thought I would ask anyway! I am currently using ranktrackerpro to track my website rankings daily (the free version) but it looks like they are possibly taking even more features away.. so just looking for an alternate. Do any...
  11. 5

Toshiba firmware availability

Hi Guys Just received 5x 3tb toshibas from goharddrive, 4 of the drives are matching firmware, but one is labeled hitachi (assume its slightly older) and has a firmware of MX6OAAb0 and the newer have MX6OABB0 does anyone know where I can find the firmware so they all match? Thanks! Steve
  12. 5

Thanks to Chuckleb

I just wanted to make a public thank you to chuckleb with his assistance with an order i wanted to place. I got a great deal on a number of disks from Gohardrive and as they do not ship internationally chuckleb offered to deal with the international part of the order for me It was a big...
  13. 5

EATON 5S1600(au) Impressions (mini review)

Well as i struggled so much trying to find out information / reviews / capabilities of this small tower UPS I thought i'd do a quick write up. It will be basic as I am as basic as they come, but it may help people looking for info in the future - I'm pretty time poor so as much as I would like...
  14. 5

The longest build....

Build’s Name: Home Server / Workstation Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 8.1 intially CPU: Xeon e3 12XX V3 something Motherboard: Asrock C226ws (finally) Chassis: Fractal Designs R2XL Drives: 12x Hitachi Ultrastar 7k3000 2TB (probably a raid 6 array), 2x Sandisk Extreme Pro 256gb...
  15. 5

7k3000 or 7k4000 - My options

Well its really a wanted to buy, but looking for options of purchasing these from the US as there are so many more places to get them from. I'm hesitant to buy them from Newegg as their packaging of drives is somewhat dubious, probably causing more DOA's than anything, and goharddrive require...
  16. 5

Samsung 850 Evo's

Hi Guys Just trying to find a decent boot / system drive for my upcoming system (now the motherboard is finally in the country!) I was wanting 2 SSD's in raid (will expand and ask questions shortly) I have been looking around for some decent used Enterprise drives but they are few and far...
  17. 5

WTB - 8gb Sticks of DDR3 1600 ECC uDIMM

Well I can find heaps of nice cheap registered Ram, but not unregistered ECC over her in Sunny Australia. Apparently the e3 v3 and the asrock c226ws will only take ecc udimms.. If anyone has any 8gb sticks (2x or 4x) going at the right price and needing a good home, then I'd be happy to talk to...
  18. 5

"Trunking"

Hi Guys As i seem especially talented as asking stupid / newbie questions.. I hope you dont mind another! I volunteer for a local organisation of which I have recently put in a 2nd hand server (hp ML360 g7 i think) running windows server 2012 r2 - all seems to be going swimmingly well...
  19. 5

C226 based board

HI Guys Just wanting some ideas thrown into the pot.. I am just sourcing all the ingredients for a server / workstation for a small business / home based business to replace an ageing server / workstation. I'm still working on which raid 6 card (mainly due to sourcing issues in Aus) I had my...
  20. 5

Which Raid 6 Card?

Hi Guys I have been running an old perc5i with an 8 disk raid 5 array (of 500gb hitachi drives) for the last 6 years performance as a workstation / small business file server has been adequate (atto bench32 shows results of Anyhow.. the system (amd x6, desktop mboard etc) has ran for 6 years...